• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marker Light Socket Replacements? M936 Wrecker

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
On a quest for the rubber inserts and socket for the amber and red Side Marker lights... I looked in the TMs and said words that are not family friendly trying to get the part number. Picture below is what I am looking for. Not trying to be cheap, but I would think if they are available - they should be less than a $27 replacement light.

Part number and/or source would be appreciated.

Interactive Systems Guide MARKER LIGHTS M936.jpg

M936 Marker Lights 01.jpg M936 Marker Lights 02 (SadSocket!).jpg Mine is really sad looking :-(

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Upgrade em to model 30 trucklite

Make him a $27 offer on buying 6 rom him below for the clearance lights. Just buy 2 of the red lights and keep the 2 yellow for spares.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
On a quest for the rubber inserts and socket for the amber and red Side Marker lights... I looked in the TMs and said words that are not family friendly trying to get the part number. Picture below is what I am looking for. Not trying to be cheap, but I would think if they are available - they should be less than a $27 replacement light.

Part number and/or source would be appreciated.

View attachment 802742

View attachment 802743 View attachment 802744 Mine is really sad looking :-(
Socket is GM part # 7411847 found on ebay

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Upgrade em to model 30 trucklite

Make him a $27 offer on buying 6 rom him below for the clearance lights. Just buy 2 of the red lights and keep the 2 yellow for spares.

Thanks! I made the offer. Looking forward to fixing something easily for a change...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well worth an LED conversion. So much more bright and vivid.
I figure I should be able to plug an LED bulb into that socket - once I get some sockets that aren't rusted out... Have you by chance found the LED bulb that fits the "stock" lights?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
No I'll have to search.
I have not converted to LED yet.

Me either except for headlights. Mine are Jeep Cherokee (I believe) lights. Plugged in and perfectly happy at 24v. Only thing strange is the "High Beam" & "Low Beam" wires on my truck are apparently different from the Jeep. High Beam Indicator light ON means lights are on Low...

I read a post by @ Swamp Donkey talking about red and green (dashlights) in LED. Also in several other posts, one about converting standard M9xx tail lights to LED - apparently an amber light is required for amber and red for red. Otherwise the tail light will be "pinkish" in a red fixture.

Also found on here that when you make the LED leap on the back and front of the truck - a mechanical flasher is required. (not enough current draw to make the old metal can flasher function.

I am staying incandescent for the moment on running lights.

---

I do have LED spotlights for the wrecker work lights. Until I figure out where the "brushes" are on my rotator table - best I can do is a jump around. Plenty more to do before I care about that.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks