• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marker Lights

Jones

emmado22, you're right about the black-out driving lights still being in service-- but I thought the post was about side markers (clearance lamps).
We haven't had them on our vehicles for some time now.

I'm pretty sure that almost all night vision gear nowadays is heat sensitive (infra-red, heat, thermal imaging and FLIR being used interchangably for the sake of conversation), rather than to visible light; like the Nam-era "Starlight scopes" that worked by light amplification of existing light, no matter how dim.

Attachments

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tex,
This thread is 6 six years old. However all the lighting on these trucks are 24 volt. A 12v bulb will not last very long.

LOBO

Has anyone tried to mount the amber markers on the front side of a 1980ish 5-ton? I can't quite locate a good spot for them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks