• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Markings

willysmd

Morning all (well it is here)

Has anyone got any information about where and what size the markings are on a Duece, I am looking to put some stars on the truck for the coming show season just to spruce her up a bit, I assume the doors and bonnet but what size are they please.

Many thanks Mark

JDToumanian

stars
doors: 16"
hood (bonnet): 20"
bumper/tailgate: 6"

Front bumper markings and the side of the hood are 4"
Rear bumperette is 3"
The little stuff like tire pressure is 1"

Regards,
Jon

Opie

Mark, here's a link to a manual that covers the 1964-1976 period for Army vehicles:
http://www.armyradio.com/arsc/custo...ical_Bulletin_746-93-1/Technical_Bulletin.htm

The title is: TECHNICAL BULLETIN *TB 746-93-1
26 October 1964
Color and Marking of Military Vehicles, Construction Equipment, and Materials Handling Equipment

Unfortunately they DON'T include the pictures of marking locations...I downloaded a full copy from elsewhere and will submit it to the Technical Publications section on this site for approval.

Cheers!

JDToumanian

TB 746-93-1 .... I downloaded a full copy from elsewhere and will submit it to the Technical Publications section on this site for approval.
That would be a valuable addition to this site... Thanks!

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks