• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Markings

willysmd

Morning all (well it is here)

Has anyone got any information about where and what size the markings are on a Duece, I am looking to put some stars on the truck for the coming show season just to spruce her up a bit, I assume the doors and bonnet but what size are they please.

Many thanks Mark

JDToumanian

stars
doors: 16"
hood (bonnet): 20"
bumper/tailgate: 6"

Front bumper markings and the side of the hood are 4"
Rear bumperette is 3"
The little stuff like tire pressure is 1"

Regards,
Jon

Opie

Mark, here's a link to a manual that covers the 1964-1976 period for Army vehicles:
http://www.armyradio.com/arsc/custo...ical_Bulletin_746-93-1/Technical_Bulletin.htm

The title is: TECHNICAL BULLETIN *TB 746-93-1
26 October 1964
Color and Marking of Military Vehicles, Construction Equipment, and Materials Handling Equipment

Unfortunately they DON'T include the pictures of marking locations...I downloaded a full copy from elsewhere and will submit it to the Technical Publications section on this site for approval.

Cheers!

JDToumanian

TB 746-93-1 .... I downloaded a full copy from elsewhere and will submit it to the Technical Publications section on this site for approval.
That would be a valuable addition to this site... Thanks!

Jon