• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland Military Vehicle Campout

red head hottie

I'll make you guys even happier....thinking about putting together my meatball and italian sausage mess for hoagies. Then, of course, red hot chili for Saturday. That way you will be self-propelled on the zip line. (if you get my drift);-)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ian, are you going to have at the jungle juice again? I am coming on Saturday so save some energy. You seemed to blow your load on the first night at Aberdeen! :-D Looking forward to seeing you and your buddy with the bag pipes.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ian, are you going to have at the jungle juice again? I am coming on Saturday so save some energy. You seemed to blow your load on the first night at Aberdeen! :-D Looking forward to seeing you and your buddy with the bag pipes.

Amen Bruce. Jungle juice, bag pipes and a raging party was Friday nite. Saturday it looked like plague had hit town.. Not much movement... The bag pipes are a hit.. This time I will be there to get the activities recorded.

campout at actionfigurebob's

Gentlemen,
Sorry I have not posted an address sooner.

2874 Rogers Ave.
Ellicott City, Md. 21043

Comes up clearly on mapping programs and GPS however finding my driveway can be a bit sketchy. Will put 2 orange road cones and a large orange state highway arrow pointing down my driveway on the road to mark your turnoff. Call me if you are unclear about location. If you miss my driveway just give me a call and I will meet you on the road and guide you in. Part of my driveway and yard are a swamp from all the rain we've had but looks like Saturday will bring favorable weather. I'm putting all MV's on high ground in a grassy field so camping will comfortable. Bring some suitable boots for mud cause we got plenty.
Looks like we're going to have quite a turnout out of civilian folk for the bonfire party on Saturday night. My friends are looking forward to partying with "those guys who drive those big army trucks" There's going to be a good mix of people bringing food to share and music going on. There is a liquior store right down the street and food stores nearby to raid. Merlowe(Red Head Hottie) is making meatballs and italian sausage for Fri. night and her world famous chili for Sat. night. Might want to bring lawn chairs for around the fire and firewood if you got it. Bring paintball guns if you like so we can shoot drunks who pass out.
If the county does not make some kind of ordinance against it, this could turn into a regular thing. Looking forward to seeing you all here. Call if you have any questions or concerns.
Bob 443-829-3661
Don't be alarmed by the voicemail.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Update on day 2 of the camp out. Mud, mud, mud but its mixed with fun, fun, fun. The main event occurred last night. A feast at the house around the bonfire, lots of adult beverages and a good mix of people. Lots of the local hippies showed up with the SS guys. Junglejuice, whiskey sours , cigars and you name it made for this festive event. We could hear the trucks trying to make it up to where the SS guys were camped in his upper pasture. By last nite the road up there was pretty bad. Too bad for even a 1008 to make it. Well around 10 pm, in roll 2 deuce down his 1/4 mile lane, that by this time was lined with cars all the way to the road, and there were cars out on the road parked. It was a good party by now. Back to the story. Well you hear the rumble above the fire as the deuces roll down the road and get to the house. They get directions and up to the pasture they go. Like 2 elephants they eat the mud and make it to the camp site unwaivered. Now the hippies/civvies love this. Everyone loves a big ole deuce with a deep throaty roar when running a gaunlet of 18" ruts in the dead of night. . They was even bag pipers present. One highlight was Jake's Gf telling me she wants a 5 ton for herself and is gonna do a pink cammo job on it. This young ladys wants one bad, and I suspect next spring at Aberdeen we will see that truck. You gotta love it. . Also, Bob's Gf bought him some green iron for his birthday. What a woman.. Thanks Bob and Merlowe for hosting this weekend. Your roads and pasture are destroyed by now. Pictures will be posted later today. gotta say that before i get hit with the dreaded worthless without pics logo... Good job by Ian who originally set this event up for Elk Neck State Park. Ian will be our go to guy next spring at Aberdeen. he is on the organizing committee so we need to be real nice to Ian.

Update on day 2 of the camp out. Mud, mud, mud but its mixed with fun, fun, fun. The main event occurred last night. A feast at the house around the bonfire, lots of adult beverages and a good mix of people. Lots of the local hippies showed up with the SS guys. Junglejuice, whiskey sours , cigars and you name it made for this festive event. We could hear the trucks trying to make it up to where the SS guys were camped in his upper pasture. By last nite the road up there was pretty bad. Too bad for even a 1008 to make it. Well around 10 pm, in roll 2 deuce down his 1/4 mile lane, that by this time was lined with cars all the way to the road, and there were cars out on the road parked. It was a good party by now. Back to the story. Well you hear the rumble above the fire as the deuces roll down the road and get to the house. They get directions and up to the pasture they go. Like 2 elephants they eat the mud and make it to the camp site unwaivered. Now the hippies/civvies love this. Everyone loves a big ole deuce with a deep throaty roar when running a gaunlet of 18" ruts in the dead of night. . They was even bag pipers present. One highlight was Jake's Gf telling me she wants a 5 ton for herself and is gonna do a pink cammo job on it. This young ladys wants one bad, and I suspect next spring at Aberdeen we will see that truck. You gotta love it. . Also, Bob's Gf bought him some green iron for his birthday. What a woman.. Thanks Bob and Merlowe for hosting this weekend. Your roads and pasture are destroyed by now. Pictures will be posted later today. gotta say that before i get hit with the dreaded worthless without pics logo... Good job by Ian who originally set this event up for Elk Neck State Park. Ian will be our go to guy next spring at Aberdeen. he is on the organizing committee so we need to be real nice to Ian.

Thanks Dudley and thanks to all for coming and making the night an epic B-day party. However you forgot to take the mud with you. Just for clarity, I'm not mad at anyone about the fields of goo. The blame rests squarely on me. I had a choice in the matter and could have pulled the plug on the event due to rain.
My only issue is with people who I will not mention (Bagpipe Sean) who believe that what they lack in traction they can make up for in throttle. Can anyone say "Mud Roostertails"? Sorry about the bulging veins in my forehead!
The civilians were truly impressed with the MV's rolling in under cover of darkness. Could'nt have looked or sounded cooler when they pulled up right next to the bonfire when the party was in high gear. I think we all showed alot of class(except for Cooter) to the civy world. Went a long way in keeping a good public image.
A special thanks goes out to Dudley and Matt for helping Merlowe(Red Head Hottie) with her surprise gift to me. It is truly a lucky man who has a woman in his life who would give him military stuff as a gift. Thank you baby!
Hope to make it a regular thing by including all my SS friends at my next big gathering. Minus the mud of course. Would like to have many more trucks show up at the next one. Lets see some photos if you got em.
Actionfigure out.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bob you are more than welcome.Thanks to you and Merlowe for inviting us into your home as well as your pastures. This hobby has allowed me to meet people who i would have never met or r known in this life. This a a great site where there is no lack of people helping people and the making of new friends. Yes we may trade barbs and differ on issues from time to time, but overall what a great hobby. My sons and I have good friends for life thanks to SS. People like Scooter, John Tennis,, Jake, Ian, Bob, Merlowe, Daniel, Carnac, John Appel and Bruce are but a few. Thanks all for being part of this.

hedelta

BOBAPALOOZA!! Or how about Bobtoberfest? Thank you for the great time. Glad to hear you had a good time. I am sitting here @ work still hung overand I wouldnt have it anyother way. God Bless America!!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob, do you need any help getting your field back in order? I would think some type of roller might be necessary to flatten the ruts. I would not worry much about the grass as field grass will come back, but the ruts need to be flatted or else you will have rumble strips there permanently. I'd be willing to come out to give you a hand.

By the way, since I was not there on Friday, I did not know it was your b-day. Happy Birthday, Bob!

red head hottie

Glad everyone had a good time. Thanks, Tiffany, for your company - sure was nice not to be the only gal in the group. Thanks, too, for taking it wasy on me during the mud wrestling. I think we were evenly matched...sure was cold...glad it was dark.

Matt, Sean, you were thoroughly entertaining during the 'upper meadow' mini party Saturday night. What was that...puma? Cougar? Leopard?

Could have been more bag pipes, Ian. I don't care what anyone else says, I thought you were great.

And Dudley, thanks for the cigar.

Looking for that container...Merlowe