• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mass Area Junkyards

pwrwagonfire

Alright guys heres the deal

Went by the tow-yard yesterday. Ended up talking to the owner (who is apparently a jerk), and after a few nasty words to me he said they arent for sale, just there for parts. Parts for WHAT! So, I guess the crane truck and the wrecker are lost like so many others to someone who'd rather see them rot into the ground...oh well....

BUT, the guy with the private yard (who has the GMC), was more than happy to let me stop by and check the trucks out. Apparently the GMC tanker MAY be for sale...when Im home for break again from college, Ill get pics for you guys.

Still have to stop by that place by Ft. Devens...

salafrae

Alright guys heres the deal

Went by the tow-yard yesterday. Ended up talking to the owner (who is apparently a jerk), and after a few nasty words to me he said they arent for sale, just there for parts. Parts for WHAT! So, I guess the crane truck and the wrecker are lost like so many others to someone who'd rather see them rot into the ground...oh well....

BUT, the guy with the private yard (who has the GMC), was more than happy to let me stop by and check the trucks out. Apparently the GMC tanker MAY be for sale...when Im home for break again from college, Ill get pics for you guys.

Still have to stop by that place by Ft. Devens...
what a jerk.. that breaks my heart that people refuse to let some of these wonderful trucks be restored. what a horrible way for them to go.. :(

cten

The junkyard in Salisbury, MA use to have some old M35's trucks. like around 8-10. Not to many parts on them. Pretty much scrap metal, but you'll never know unless you call them.

Orionspath

I know it a few hundred miles or more from where you are, though you might try Junkyarddreams in Denton, Md. Jeff is a good guy and may even help you with shipping if you need his assistance........Give Jeff a shout.......410.924.5433,
Pete

scooter01922

Hey Cten, last time i checked they had crushed them all when scrap was real high. That is unless they got some more in there in the last few months.

cten

Looks like they have nothing. Looked at google earth and the satalite image shown was pretty new. There use to he a place up in Maine, but I am not sure if it is still there

pwrwagonfire

GENTLEMEN: The mysterious junkyard in the Bolton area has been found;

Power Wagons Parts

That is the guys website, he is based in Berlin, Mass a few miles down the road, a small town off of 495 next to Clinton.

I plan on making a trip out to him for a new radiator at some point soon, seems to have a large parts collection I will make sure to report back here!

bede63

Bumping this up again.... guys, I need few things for the '57 gasser, plus wheels and tires. Maybe a few of us can make a joint trip somewhere.... this winter so far has been kind to us, at least here in southeastern MA..without snow, and without hornets and foliage, winter parts hunting might be good right now. There's got to be someplace worth checking out within 100 miles.

Anyone have any new leads?

bede

Vintage iron

There is a guy selling deuce tires in the wrapping in Lowell. Type in big tires or military tires in Craigslist Boston. Middleboro Auto salvage still has those deuces too

Vintage iron

Going to check out a junk yard that is closing up. He has a few m39 and m809 series trucks that he is parting out. I will go next week and take pictures.

Kevin M715

Anybody seen any m715's in Mass, I'm looking for a tailgate....been to Bob Stahls last Monday, picked up some parts, great guy to deal , he had a bed but wrong tailgate......Kevin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks