• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

master cylinder question

rottiedog

I was told by the guy that installed the 1 ton axle that I should get a 1 ton master cylinder. I was searching the parts stores and it looks like the same part number between the 1 ton and the 1/2 ton.

thanks

Westech

CPL
well there different in the 09 and the 08.... if you install a 08 master in a 09 you will have very touchy brakes and if you install a 09 in a 08 there going to be very soft. the master in the 08 should be a little larger bore to move more fluid for the larger pistons and cylinders. Really if its stopping fine now I would not bother with it. The 09 did not have the rear valve so more fluid will be getting to the rear making it feel more like stock.

rottiedog

The 09 did not have the rear valve so more fluid will be getting to the rear making it feel more like stock.

The rear is locking up easily. There isn't a proportioning valve that I can find.

Would the 08 MC help by sending less to the rear? If I understand what your saying, it should help...

Westech

CPL
no the 09 will send less.. make sure you have the rear shoes set right and not too tight.. ez mistake lot of people make. also brake or rear dif fluid on the shoes will make them lock up like right now and in a hurry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks