• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maybe I'll Keep It!?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, after a bit of debate in my mind...yes I answered myself, who else was gonna? I THINK I have decided to possibly keep my deuce. I came across a deal today that I can't pass on. A guy I know is scrapping a piece of equipment and the tires are just what the Dr. ordered for modding the deuce. I think I'll bob it first since he has only the 4 tires and wheels. I can get them for a steal of $250.00. let me know what you guys think. I am a mechanic, so the mods that will need to be done SHOULD be a piece of cake. I think I might have to wait 'till I p/u the tires to start the bob and mods the truck will need 'cause they are a bit on the heavy side. BTW, that's $250.00 for all 4!! As ou can plainly see in the last pic, the tread is great, they have a bit of checking, but over all, I think they are in good shape.

Attachments

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are a bit wide. I was thinkin' about making some spacers. I have a mess of 1/2 inch plate and some cast iron sewer pipe that I can weld up to space them. I was also thinking of just re arching the springs from an F350 to keep them tucked under the front fenders. I don't think there will be a clearance issue at the rear. Maybe another set of F30 springs under the rear too?! Anyone know if the perches from an M105 will work with F350 springs?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never get stopped. I think they will be GTG. I am working on the speed calcs now. I will prolly have to add PS too. In a slow speed condition it might be hard to steer. I think if I take the ring off the truck it should help a bit with the steering. The ring stuff makes it a bit front heavy. How much will removing the rear axle help with the turning?

goldneagle

They look to be loader tires and most likely not D.O.T. approved for on road use.
I was going to say the same thing. They look like equipment tires. Same numbering system as my kubota tractor, just a different size. I don't think they are meant for highway speeds. Sorry for the bad news! Good news is you might be able to sell them at a profit.

Happyland1410

They are a bit wide. I was thinkin' about making some spacers. I have a mess of 1/2 inch plate and some cast iron sewer pipe that I can weld up to space them. I was also thinking of just re arching the springs from an F350 to keep them tucked under the front fenders. I don't think there will be a clearance issue at the rear. Maybe another set of F30 springs under the rear too?! Anyone know if the perches from an M105 will work with F350 springs?
rofl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps rear steering and air shocks will help. Don't sweat the DOT issue, I have a hot brand with the DOT thing, we can DOT compliant those tires in 2.5 seconds flat.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I'll do th e shipping costs here and back if you let me borrow your "tool". I think the geartrain will be fine. Just start in low.h

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
K...I did some rough calculations. SHOULD run 74 MPH in 5th low. I think that starting out in high range would kinda hurt the clutch, that's why the low range start...don't try and argue with me, I am a mechanic ya know. There will be alot of spinning metal to stop...even tho it's in low and I can use the engine compression to slow me down...I am thinking some yoke mounted disc brakes are in the mix of this mod too. Anyone got some used ones or can I take the F350 stuff and make them work. ( stopping part of mechanics aren't my forte, just the go part)

DeucesWild11

As others have said I would be concerned with being OK for street use/highway speeds. If God forbid something happened and you got in an accident and someone got hurt, they would Sue your A$$ off and your insurance company may not cover it! I would pay extra for tires made for the street, piece of mind and safety!

Edit.. crap you are messin with us aren't you!!

You're a sick puppy Will! LMAO! BTW, What kinda dogs are those that don't wanna get in your deuce again? I got a half chihuahua/wirehair terrier that loves riding in my deuce! When she sees we're heading for the truck, she gets all excited! She just can't get up in the darn thing by herself. Not for the lack of trying, she's just too small to make the jump. lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks