• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maybe I'll Keep It!?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will, Is that a Mi-Jack or a Drott crane (container gantry) in the photos. I think you've been hangin' around the railyard to much and the diesel fumes are gettin' to you:roll:. I say keep the ole' girl in her original glory and wedge it in a corner down at the museum. I have an idea: WllWagner Deuce Rides every Saturday:jumpin:! I know Craig's M813 runs, but does he have a working deuce?

On a serious note, and if your not messin', I agree with the public liability issue. Insurance companies love to walk away if something goes catastrophic.

Blueduce

As others have said I would be concerned with being OK for street use/highway speeds. If God forbid something happened and you got in an accident and someone got hurt, they would Sue your A$$ off and your insurance company may not cover it! I would pay extra for tires made for the street, piece of mind and safety!

Edit.. crap you are messin with us aren't you!!

I used to run heavy equipment for a site prep comany in TX. I ran a cabbed up Komatsu 350 rubber tire front end loader and those are the exact tire it had. We use to road them from site to site and she would easily do 55mph. But that was for short distances 5 to 10 miles max. And believe you me they can get a bit squirrely at speed. I agree to confirm that they are highway rated first. You should also be concerned about highway repairs and or replacement. If you set up your rig specifically for those monsters and have to replace one you better be prepared to sell a kidney. Just my 2cents

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will, you doctor can prescribe medication that will help you get through your midlife crisis.(without selling/buying or modifying your stuff)

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PFFFT to all you nay sayers. My truck, I can do what I want. I don't use it for trips much any more so it will be just a short hop truck. Should get good mileage, the RPMs will be low. I know starting out in low will be the thing to do, do you think I need to turn up the fuel a bit? As for on hwy repairs, I think my pal has one of these off the wheel. The truck has a crane in the bed. I can keep the un mounted spare in the bed and if needed, take it out with the crane. I'll just be sure to carry my duck bill hammer and pry bar with the truck. I've changed many 900-20s, this can't be that bad. I was also thinking since I have an extra turbo at work from an ISX, I could make an adapter and put it on the engine. Think this is doable?

Attachments

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I'll have to add power steering too, but I know with bobbing it, it will make it easier to steer too. I'll bob first then add P/S if needed. I am going to go get the tires today!! Woo Hoo, can't wait!!!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a plan . Custom header for the twin turbos , hydraulic steering , crank the fuel to the max and load a M1009 in the back on a cable and use it for the boat anchor they are ( I mean extra stopping power ) just dump it out to stop . You should care wheel chokes any way. :maddawg308:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I have just found a deuce that my M814 can beat in a drag race......:shock:

Awesome Possum

I used to dispatch tire repair trucks to fix tires like these, and these had to have cranes to do the job. They are also very different from other tires in that they are split rims AND tubeless at the same time. As for starting and stopping power, consider that these tires and wheels are just big ol' flywheels themselves. I'd buy 'em though, at that price, then resell them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bath Salts...

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Will,

If you did not want to keep it, you could always send it my way... LOL
I would do my best to take good care of it..
With or without the new skins?

What you all fail to fathom is that I am a McGyver. I am a Mechanic, have driven fast boats and cars, go fast in the dirt. My father and his father before him were mechanics,,,my pops was only a TV repair mechanic,,,same, same, nuts and bolts. I can make ANYTHING work together!

Porky, these bad boys are 44 ply!!

You guys think I could tig the spacers together? I think tig welds look cool [thumbzup]

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No thanks DH, bath salts make my skin feel slimy. Smell funny too.

It is Saturday though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks