• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Medium towbars one fat

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
doghead said:
I noticed that in the tech manuals here on SS is, MWO 9-4910-59320-1. I incorrectly identified my tow bar as NSN 4910-735-6056 in an earlier post. My towbar is NSN 4910-00-433-7094, which this mwo pertains to( also the mwo parts that Kenny mentioned are covered in this). Also I do not see in the MWO any use of the terms "Medium or Light" to describe the tow bar!
Regretfully I had to pull that MWO off the site. I uploaded it then realized that its not public release yet. Don't really know how it got approved but neither here nor there, its off the site. I'm not up to any visits from some clown in a black suburban. BTW, did I mention that I love my towbar?

jasonjc

Bjorn those must be for yet another type tow bar. I've seen the smaller one like that for the "medium" tow bar but they had the 1" pins.
Do the 5 ton wreckers use a TM of there own or is it all in one? (TM ##???)
and does any one now the TM #'s for other wreckers I want to go thought them and see what I can dig up on tow bars. I read thought FM 20-22 lots of good info but nothing on tow bar types.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1990 TB 9-2320-357-13 shows this towbar and it has rectangular or square members. In the description it's listed as "Tow Bar" part number 81.67101.6046.

TB title: Connecting and disconnecting procedures for Truck, Wrecker w/crane: 10 ton 8x8 M1002

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My towbar must be the "heavy". It has 4 inch tubes and weighs 307#'s in the scale at work. It has solid pipes so you can't adjust the length. Is this the one for tracked vehicles?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a Heavy Tow Bar on a M816 that a Fire Dept. pickup at the DRMO in Little Rock, the towbar was way more any one person could move. We used them in the guard to dead pull M60s and Abrams for short distances, mainly to get them out of the road and onto the shoulder. It took three hefty guys to mount one on a track, the M88s carried at least one mounted on the outside of each vehicle.
James G.

jasonjc

That looks like mine. And if it is what I think it is, it is rated at 44,000lbs and the slighty biger one is only rated at 39,000lbs.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received a pair of extension pieces (the inner part) for the "fat" medium towbar yesterday. They came from Wayne Harris.
They are not for Jason's towbar, I was hoping to replace the one that was welded for him after I broke it.
I now officially have parts for 4 different towbars and none complete. aua

Kenny what did you need, the end piece of the extension for the "fat" medium? How long? I can cut the end off of one if you need it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, I need 2 ends if you have them. I can add my own tubes for the project. If you can spare them, just let me know how much.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, thank you. I wouldn't be too concerned with getting it out today considering the Christmas rush. Anytime is fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks