Really. I don't need you casting aspersions on my work. I am not a first timer on repairs. This is a very low pressure application. I have used it in the past. I use it on equipment and that is under pressure and gets hot. I am willing to give it a try. I didn't add any text to my post because I had a problem with the keyboard. I used it on engine oil cooler lines and other applications. I am sure it will not just fade away and burst if it reaches over 212*. I seen 3/8" fuel line in place of steel transmission cooler lines. They were holding up. Not something I would do. But it is something I have corrected in the past for customers. But I guess going forward I can use 300* Gates with hose clamps. I have my doubts that it will fail during plowing. But I will keep that in mind. I am not building the space shuttle here. [h=1]27057 3/8 X 3FT TOC HOSE[/h]The combination of high temperature and high pressure could reduce the hose life. I read the fine print on my selection of hose. I doubt this truck reaches that temperature. But I will inquire at the hydraulic shop. Have a HAPPY SAFE DAY.Have you used this hydraulic hose for the transmission cooler lines before?
It's maximum temp rating is 212F. www.parker.com/parkerimages/euro_hpd/Flyer/4480_P13_UK.pdf
Transmissions can exceed that with mild/moderate use.
cucvrus, speaking from over 4 years in retirement. Once you retire, you will have more to do than when you were working. And you will have lots of things to spend money on, such as Honey Do's.My barn is plugged into the outside outlets on the house. They do have the safeties built in. They pop every time it rains and the kids pool is running. I was a very slight jolt but I was aware that it had current. If I had permanent wiring in my barn the insurance would go thru the roof. It is about 100 years old and has knob and tube wiring. I was warned about the liability and told to get it rewired or not the leave the electric on unattended. So I plug it in and unplug it. Someday. Maybe. Maybe NOT. I am waiting till I retire and need something to do and spend money on.
HMM- Knob & tube is 2 wire, no ground. Good stuff in it's day.It is about 100 years old and has knob and tube wiring. I was warned about the liability and told to get it rewired or not the leave the electric on unattended. So I plug it in and unplug it. Someday. Maybe. Maybe NOT. I am waiting till I retire and need something to do and spend money on.