• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Member stranded in Lodi Oh. NOW!!!!!

andyindy

Doc Farmall and his Dad are stranded in Lodi Oh. at a T.A. truck stop at I 71 & I 76 w/ head light issues. They are 250 /300 miles from home, and are in a 915 A1. Head lights keep tripping out. Anyone able to help or offer advice? Docs ph. # is 812 756 3106. I know he'll appreciate any help/ advice! Thanks, Andyindy......

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I were able to get out of work to go over and give them a hand. I hope they get going soon. As it is, I won't be free until 11:30 tonight.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My first 915 had that issue...maybe AMGENERAL can chime in and tell them how he resolved the issue after he bought it.

I got stuck at 0430 on my way to Fort Campbell to pick up a trailer.

Lights were working fine and then all of a sudden I was in the dark.

There may be some way to run a jumper and bypass the switch if that is the problem.

krall

I turned my hi beams on on the way back yesterday and I had my hole inside dash and all running lights flicker off and came in once I turned my hi's off. don't think that will help but would like to know what happened to theres to see if I can trouble shoot a little better

AMGeneral

All I found wrong with the 915 was the connector just inside the fender against the firewall was corroded up,I just unscrewed it and cleaned the connectors with some PB Blaster and put it back together,problem solved.

that or the rear of the 915s headlights are exposed connectors,not sealed,there may be some foreign object there causing a short.

Last edited:

kipman

I was with Doc when he picked up the trailer at miltrucks, the 916 was not working all the lights on the trailer, we hooked up a deuce to check, and the trailer lights all worked, could be related.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could always hardwire them right to the power source until they get it home. I'm too far away to help.

andyindy

Stranded

Thanks to all that responded, AM General, I left Doc a voice mail w/ your experience on yours. I too am at work until 0600 and have to sign off. I have to feed the beast about 3k ton of coal. On behalf of Doc, thanks again, Andy.......

oilcan

It seems the trouble has been fixed, but for future reference, there's a momentary switch on the dash that kills the lights for signalling other truckers. In the 915 I picked up a while back, the contacts on that switch were arcing on the tachograph can and shorting out the whole system. I had to reorient the switch and do some creative tape work, but the problem was solved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks