• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002 Injection Pump part needed

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP 002 Injection Pump Part REVISED

My MEP002 has sulked and refused to run at this months maintenance interval.
Inspection indicated that no fuel to the injectors, plenty of fuel and pressure entering the IP, no fuel out.
On further inspection the delivery valve spacer (item 6 on the illustration) is folded and torn. Most like been that way all its life and just now acting up.

What I think I need it one of these spacers, or a lead on finding one.

Or some direction on what else may have happened or where else I should look.
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Pump is delivering NO fuel, rigged the damaged part, no good.
Anyone got a good way to check these pumps or do I just need to remove it an plan on a replacement?
Looking for that experience, I have none on these little engines.

Attachments

Last edited:

jamawieb

You can get them from AMBAC but they are about $30 a piece. I've put several together without the spacers because they were destroyed and they ran fine. Then I've put some together that needed the spacers to run correctly.

jamawieb

Could have broken the plunger guide inside the pump. Its made of a very thin metal and if the plunger gets varnish built up, it could have caused friction, which caused it to jam. How many hours are on your unit and how old is the fuel in the tank?

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info, I was afraid that it might be something like that. Once I get the pump pulled I will look for just that.
Total hours is ~1050, fuel is clean, and she rad as good as ever last month. ( Generator is run at 80% load for 15 minutes every month. Plus 5 minutes warm up and 5 minutes cool down) Just failed to start last week. Cranks great, no fuel to injectors, plenty at the pump inlet.

When I get back in town I will pull the pump an see what I have.

jamawieb

When you pull the pump, take the button and spring retainer off the bottom of the pump, then you can see the plunger guide. You'll be able to see if the guide is broken or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks