• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002 Tripping DC Control Circuit Breaker

Jimc

it needs power to produce power. when it just starts up you need to hold in the start position to generate the magnetic field so it can produce power. its fairly normal and time needed seems to vary a bit from generator to generator.

Isaac-1

Like Jim said it varies from generator to generator, but to put it simply the MEP-002a / MEP-003a voltage regulation circuit often can not build to full voltage from the slight amount of residual magnetism in the generator end, so they added a field flashing circuit that operates while the switch is in the start position. I suspect it is partly due to the voltage regulators reverse acting design. Either way it is a simple matter of holding the switch in the start position long enough for the voltage to come up, the mistake people make is treating the start switch like a car ignition key and not holding it in the start position long enough for oil pressure to come up and voltage to build.

Keith_J

Or it could be something with the rotor causing the rotating field to quench. Like a shorted rotor diode. Electricity is easily produced. Spin a magnet in a coil is the method, the magnet here is an electromagnet, made by spinning a coil through a magnetic field, then converting it to direct current and powering the field.

Gnoz

I just re placed a defective VR on a MEP 0002A and now, with the new one, I am getting excessive voltage between 260 and 300vlt on a 120/220 setting. I was wondering what could have possible gone wrong. When I start the generator, before it is operating at 1800 rpm, I get 124vlt and then once it is running at its full speed, the voltage jumps to 250, then when load is applied, the voltage increases some more. Thanks

R Racing

I just re placed a defective VR on a MEP 0002A and now, with the new one, I am getting excessive voltage between 260 and 300vlt on a 120/220 setting. I was wondering what could have possible gone wrong. When I start the generator, before it is operating at 1800 rpm, I get 124vlt and then once it is running at its full speed, the voltage jumps to 250, then when load is applied, the voltage increases some more. Thanks
Mine use to peg. I found out I had a bad spot on either VR12 or VR15 so I would turn them a turn to the left. then to the right. then back to center then my voltage was 240.

Gnoz

I am looking for replacement CR Diodes (Rotating diodes) for my MEP002A. I have not been able to locate them anywhere and I was wondering if anyone on here had a lead. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks