• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A New Owner

epitts

I am the new owner of a MEP-002A w/trailier, will be picking it up next Wensday. Have the TM's downloaded and will pickup new oil and filters this weekend. Will also need some batterys. Looking forward to playing with and getting it running. Was the Wife's idea to get one!!

Thank for all your future help!

Isaac-1

Wow lucky you, I just bought a MEP-002a from GL yesterday (along with a couple of MEP-016D's, one will be going to a fellow forum member), my wife's reception to the news was why do you need more generators.

DieselBob

I am the new owner of a MEP-002A w/trailier, will be picking it up next Wensday. Have the TM's downloaded and will pickup new oil and filters this weekend. Will also need some batterys. Looking forward to playing with and getting it running. Was the Wife's idea to get one!!

Thank for all your future help!
She's a 10 in my book...:grin:. Good luck with the new acquisition.

jbk

my wifes reaction would be the opposite of yours to getting more generators. get some photos. just got a couple sets of batts. for mine $69.00 a piece at napa. good luck

storeman

Lucky you.

My wife jumped for joy when I sold one of my 002A's at my flea market last weekend. Next question was when are the other 5 going?

Last edited:

Isaac-1

A couple of weeks ago my wife asked if we had a pressure washer, I told her no, that I did have a little electric one, but it had been stolen out of the back yard several years ago, however I could borrow one from the family farm. Anyway last weekend I was at Sears and they had a little gasoline powered pressure washer on clearance (last years display model, one broken plastic part) marked down to $206, original price $469, so I bought it, when I came home with it and my wife saw it, she said she should start asking if we have jewelry around.

epitts

Made it home safe and sound with my new (to me) MEP-002A. All looks good no missing parts, no cut wires, only missing the battery's. Installed new Air filter waiting on fuel filters from rockauto. Has the grounding rod and the slide hammer to install it along with a roll of 138 feet of wire on the front. Has 1483 hours. Have battery's ready to install, fuel strainer to clean and then add filters. Item was turned in serviceable from home unit. Photo's to come.

Last edited:

uriss

Hello everybody, newbie here and I need some advice and help if you will. Just last week I inadvertently won four bids. Two were the 5kw and two were the 3kw. I really do not know the value of these units. I have planned on a 5kw for my home and a 3kw for an 1958 GMC motorcoach that I have been restoring. One of the 5kw I cannot seem to bleed. I get fuel out of all three filters but nothing up top. The other 5kw seems kinda wierd. It has a plate on it that says it was remanufactured in Dec. of 05 with three (3) hours stamped on the plate. The unit has seven (7) hours on the meter. All of the instruction plates appear pristine as opposed to the other unit that has 327 hours on it. I did all the servicing and it started right up. All I know how to do is plug into the 110 outlet which did light up a shop light.

On the 3kw both of them were converted to diesels with the yanmar engine. The first one I followed the instructions and it started right up. The volts meter shows almost to the end of the meter scale as having juice but even after flipping on the breaker I get nothing for electricity from the 110 outlet.
My questions are as follows. On the 5kw that doesn't bleed (fuel pump is working well) what should I be looking for? On the other 5kw is it possible it is that "new" as in not being run? And if so what would a cash value on that be worth. I ask because I have some substantial vets bills and can get by with the older machine if I could get better money for the newer one. On the yanmar #2 I have cleaned out the tank and the pump and injector and using the electric starter (24volt) cannot get it to fire. A parts man at a local shop just back from the army also claims that when he rebuilt the engines that he would load them up to as much as 28KVA (whatever that means) which would severly test the engine. He also claims that those 3kw units will consistently put out 10kw. So sorry this is so long winded but I put myself into a real financial bind just because I didn't realize how the GL auctions worked. Anyone out this way can tie their boat to my pier free of charge in exchange for some help. One last item where can I fins some real basic english lanuage directions on how to hook up to the lugs for the different phases and what the switches mean. Thanks again folks. Sincerly! Also hope I am posting this right. Was told to look for the "thread" button which I can't seem to find.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everybody, newbie here and I need some advice and help if you will. Just last week I inadvertently won four bids. Two were the 5kw and two were the 3kw. I really do not know the value of these units. I have planned on a 5kw for my home and a 3kw for an 1958 GMC motorcoach that I have been restoring. One of the 5kw I cannot seem to bleed. I get fuel out of all three filters but nothing up top. The other 5kw seems kinda wierd. It has a plate on it that says it was remanufactured in Dec. of 05 with three (3) hours stamped on the plate. The unit has seven (7) hours on the meter. All of the instruction plates appear pristine as opposed to the other unit that has 327 hours on it. I did all the servicing and it started right up. All I know how to do is plug into the 110 outlet which did light up a shop light.

On the 3kw both of them were converted to diesels with the yanmar engine. The first one I followed the instructions and it started right up. The volts meter shows almost to the end of the meter scale as having juice but even after flipping on the breaker I get nothing for electricity from the 110 outlet.
My questions are as follows. On the 5kw that doesn't bleed (fuel pump is working well) what should I be looking for? On the other 5kw is it possible it is that "new" as in not being run? And if so what would a cash value on that be worth. I ask because I have some substantial vets bills and can get by with the older machine if I could get better money for the newer one. On the yanmar #2 I have cleaned out the tank and the pump and injector and using the electric starter (24volt) cannot get it to fire. A parts man at a local shop just back from the army also claims that when he rebuilt the engines that he would load them up to as much as 28KVA (whatever that means) which would severly test the engine. He also claims that those 3kw units will consistently put out 10kw. So sorry this is so long winded but I put myself into a real financial bind just because I didn't realize how the GL auctions worked. Anyone out this way can tie their boat to my pier free of charge in exchange for some help. One last item where can I fins some real basic english lanuage directions on how to hook up to the lugs for the different phases and what the switches mean. Thanks again folks. Sincerly! Also hope I am posting this right. Was told to look for the "thread" button which I can't seem to find.

Uriss,

Please start a new thread with your questions and problems, you will get a better response that way. You can do this while you are in the appropriate forum, in your case the "Aux Equipment" forum, and clicking the "New Thread" button at the top of the page. Thread-jacking not only is against the site rules, which you just agreed to today, but your post will get lost in this thread. You'll get the answers you need pretty quickly by making a new post. Also, feel free to search the site for keyword variations of MEP-003a and MEP-002a as well as the issues you are having. Most issues with these sets have been covered before. Good luck

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks