• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a Fuel Pump

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy,

One of my MEP-003a's had the fuel pumps replaced by the military before I bought it, they used Facet pumps. Here is a link to the Facet-Purolator website. On the bottom of the page is all of the 24 volt models. The 24 volt models come with transient voltage protection, so they are pretty good little pumps. They have a removable/cleanable filter inside the pump, and they are really pretty nice pumps. I'm sure you can find any number of civilian suppliers to get the proper one for you.

The ones on the MEP are fitted with 1/4-18 NPT inlets/outlets, so you only need to pick a model with the proper inlet/outlet size.

I hope this helps, unless you are dead set on having NOS military pumps.

Last edited:

maddog

Andy, I have one. I dont know what it is worth yet. I just today started dissassembling my parts unit (mep 003a) to part it out.

I do know it works because I had the motor running for a couple hours.

I am starting a new thread to list what I have for sale.

coyotegray

Andy,

One of my MEP-003a's had the fuel pumps replaced by the military before I bought it, they used Facet pumps. Here is a link to the Facet-Purolator website. On the bottom of the page is all of the 24 volt models. The 24 volt models come with transiens voltage protection, so they are pretty good little pumps. They have a removable/cleanable filter inside the pump, and they are really pretty nice pumps. I'm sure you can find any number of civilian suppliers to get the proper one for you.

The ones on the MEP are fitted with 1/4-18 NPT inlets/outlets, so you only need to pick a model with the proper inlet/outlet size.

Thanks!! I don't care about military, I just want it to work...
If I can't find any take offs for the right $$ I may try them out..
Thanks,
Andy..

coyotegray

Andy,

One of my MEP-003a's had the fuel pumps replaced by the military before I bought it, they used Facet pumps. Here is a link to the Facet-Purolator website. On the bottom of the page is all of the 24 volt models. The 24 volt models come with transiens voltage protection, so they are pretty good little pumps. They have a removable/cleanable filter inside the pump, and they are really pretty nice pumps. I'm sure you can find any number of civilian suppliers to get the proper one for you.

Well, what do you know.... Looks like the part number is stamped on the mounting bracket!!!!

The one I have is 480517

Thanks.
Andy..

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at their website, NAPA can get them for you, PEP boys, O'reilly's and Car Quest are all dealers for them.

Glad to be of assistance :razz:

Earth

My MEP stopped pumping fuel at the wrong time during a recent outage. Got it running by switching the lines over to the aux pump. I guess both of them are fubar. But to the point--I have Facet model # 40 128E pumps, and am getting them from NAPA. NAPA # P74016. $53 and change.

Isaac-1

I recently had to deal with a dead fuel pump on a generator (not a MEP), the Facet pumps are ok, but if you really need it to work go with a Walbro 6000 series or its new replacement the FR series. These are the brand of pumps you find on Thermo King refrigeration units as well as many other places where $$$ are riding on the pump working day in and day out.

Ike

EnteJager

I haven't had any luck locating either the 40128E or the 480563 pumps, the facet tells me napa doesn't carry them and NAPA says there is no P74016 in there system.
Facet sent me to J&N auto in OH and they priced at 258.00 ea, ouch.

Any cross reference help would be appreciated.

Also, can I use a pump that says 1/4 18 npt "INT" as opposed to the "EXT" , can I make it work with just some extra connections.
Thanks,
Dave

EnteJager

I called Facet/Purolator sales in NY, those stores listed (napa, pep boys, ect)are for the other parts they make, the 480517 (.mil specific) is the oem for the gensets and is only available thru 3 different distribtors (198.00-258.00 ea.)

I haven't been able to cross ref.

I looked at their website, NAPA can get them for you, PEP boys, O'reilly's and Car Quest are all dealers for them.

Glad to be of assistance :razz:

EnteJager

My MEP stopped pumping fuel at the wrong time during a recent outage. Got it running by switching the lines over to the aux pump. I guess both of them are fubar. But to the point--I have Facet model # 40 128E pumps, and am getting them from NAPA. NAPA # P74016. $53 and change.

NAPA doesn't show NAPA # P74016 as a valid part number, I checked online and called my local guy.

Did you ever get them?

EnteJager

I know what I looking at, as stated in the other posts, 195-258.00,

that is why I am trying to get info from those who have found them for 53.00

or who may have info on a good cross reference or replacement.

thanks.

Then you are probably looking at $200+.

derf

I went to napaonline.com, put "p74016" in the search box, and it came up with a $56 universal pump. Is that not what you seek?

EnteJager

I found a pump that might work, does the 1/4 18 EXT vs the 1/4 18 INT make a difference?
Thanks,
Dave

Andy,

One of my MEP-003a's had the fuel pumps replaced by the military before I bought it, they used Facet pumps. Here is a link to the Facet-Purolator website. On the bottom of the page is all of the 24 volt models. The 24 volt models come with transient voltage protection, so they are pretty good little pumps. They have a removable/cleanable filter inside the pump, and they are really pretty nice pumps. I'm sure you can find any number of civilian suppliers to get the proper one for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks