• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016A, C, D Portability Kit

derf

Well, not really. But, a Harbor Freight poly dolly, #93525 makes a good platform for rolling a 016A, C, or D around.
They're on sale for $18 now. I used four nylon ties to secure it to the base. The HF dollies don't roll as well as the better, more expensive dollies, but for $20 they are pretty good.

Attachments

derf

I need some aluminum to make some bushings to stuc in the lower frame tubes and I'm going to use a 5/8" axle and some tires from a scrapped dolly compressor along with some handles bolted to the top to move mine around. Making something similar to this: NorthStar Generator Wheel Kit | Generator Wheel Kits | Northern Tool + Equipment

I want something that can go thru the yard.
You can do the bushing thing or you can just drill 5/8" holes next to the frame tubes in the Aluminum rails.

I had a Chinese knockoff gen that had four wheels like those and it was easy to move on grass and stuff.

The white wire ties were left over from a project. I probably have some black ones around somewhere if the whites give out. They probably won't see much sunlight, though.

I was thinking about that but I don't really want to modify it. I'd rather be able to take it back to "stock" if need be without any visible modifications.

hmsgoodhope

Many thanks again for post - I have casually looked at harbor freight and northern tool for solutions. The idea I like so far is the PTO trailer (except for the price @ $650). I might scan Craigslist for a used one and go this route as I don't want to modify base unit (or do so as little as possible). I plan to use unit for backup for main home generator and for portable - camp generator down the road. Thank you again! Ed

derf

The Harbor Freight dollies are serviceable for the money. I have a few Dayton dollies that are better but they cost much more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks