• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016A, C, D Portability Kit

derf

Well, not really. But, a Harbor Freight poly dolly, #93525 makes a good platform for rolling a 016A, C, or D around.
They're on sale for $18 now. I used four nylon ties to secure it to the base. The HF dollies don't roll as well as the better, more expensive dollies, but for $20 they are pretty good.

Attachments

derf

I need some aluminum to make some bushings to stuc in the lower frame tubes and I'm going to use a 5/8" axle and some tires from a scrapped dolly compressor along with some handles bolted to the top to move mine around. Making something similar to this: NorthStar Generator Wheel Kit | Generator Wheel Kits | Northern Tool + Equipment

I want something that can go thru the yard.
You can do the bushing thing or you can just drill 5/8" holes next to the frame tubes in the Aluminum rails.

I had a Chinese knockoff gen that had four wheels like those and it was easy to move on grass and stuff.

The white wire ties were left over from a project. I probably have some black ones around somewhere if the whites give out. They probably won't see much sunlight, though.

I was thinking about that but I don't really want to modify it. I'd rather be able to take it back to "stock" if need be without any visible modifications.

hmsgoodhope

Many thanks again for post - I have casually looked at harbor freight and northern tool for solutions. The idea I like so far is the PTO trailer (except for the price @ $650). I might scan Craigslist for a used one and go this route as I don't want to modify base unit (or do so as little as possible). I plan to use unit for backup for main home generator and for portable - camp generator down the road. Thank you again! Ed

derf

The Harbor Freight dollies are serviceable for the money. I have a few Dayton dollies that are better but they cost much more.