• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 016C voltage regulator test questions

joem1

Hi Folks, I have a few questions relating to testing of the MEP-016 class of gensets while following along the technical manual I've discovered (so far) that I have a bad Q1 transistor and a bad CR6 diode. The next step according to the tech manual is to gather together a few tools (which is where my 1st question comes from) According to the manual I need a "30 ohm 120 watt resistor (waiting for delivery on that now) also a variable Powerstat (which I have) and lastly a "Rheostat, Variable: 750 OHMS, 2 watt rating (Rheostat supplied with serviceable voltage regulators) That last part I don't have but in the tech manual it states they are supplied with serviceable voltage regulator... what does that mean? I'm thinking that it means I can use the rheostat mounted to the control box but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me if I'm reading that right ? If not does anyone have a link where I can purchase one cheap?

Isaac-1

That is probably right as I think the front panel rheostat is 750 ohms range and 2 watt rating, at least that is the case on the MEP-016B

joem1

Does anyone know off hand what makes a good replacement for a bad Diode CR6 on the voltage regulator of a MEP016c?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks