• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 016C voltage regulator test questions

joem1

Hi Folks, I have a few questions relating to testing of the MEP-016 class of gensets while following along the technical manual I've discovered (so far) that I have a bad Q1 transistor and a bad CR6 diode. The next step according to the tech manual is to gather together a few tools (which is where my 1st question comes from) According to the manual I need a "30 ohm 120 watt resistor (waiting for delivery on that now) also a variable Powerstat (which I have) and lastly a "Rheostat, Variable: 750 OHMS, 2 watt rating (Rheostat supplied with serviceable voltage regulators) That last part I don't have but in the tech manual it states they are supplied with serviceable voltage regulator... what does that mean? I'm thinking that it means I can use the rheostat mounted to the control box but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me if I'm reading that right ? If not does anyone have a link where I can purchase one cheap?

Isaac-1

That is probably right as I think the front panel rheostat is 750 ohms range and 2 watt rating, at least that is the case on the MEP-016B

joem1

Does anyone know off hand what makes a good replacement for a bad Diode CR6 on the voltage regulator of a MEP016c?