• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016D Yanmar Model L70AE-DEGFR Technical Manual

derf

I have mod instructions for the MEP-016E, Onan to Yanmar L100 conversion. The kits were made by Martin Diesel.

GreenBull

I have mod instructions for the MEP-016E, Onan to Yanmar L100 conversion. The kits were made by Martin Diesel.
I think it must be quite different. The 016d kit has 53 parts and the 016e kit only has 20.

I just won my first MEP-016D Monday and I haven't even picked it up yet. I'm anal about having the service information for equipment and I guess that's one more reason I'm fond of the green machines.:)

http://www.vsecorp.com/platforms/ground_supp/powergeneration.htm

I called VSE and the person in publications said he would check to see if they had the archive and if it could be released.

Last edited:

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP016D exhaust

Okay, I have looked in the TM's and Yanmar oper. manuals and can not find anything on the exhaust for the MEP016D. There has got to be something that goes on the output of the muffler to keep the exhaust from blowing against the genset control box. Anyone have any info on this, or do they all exhaust straight out of the muffler.

Isaac-1

Great timing I just picked up 2 MEP-016D's from GL yesterday, one is for me and one is for another forum member who is out of the country at the moment.

Isaac-1

Thanks for the video Derf, do you know if there are any operating instructions for the MEP-016D online? Just the basic stuff, how to start, stop, how does the fuel transfer with the belly tank work, that sort of thing.

thanks
Ike

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP016D exhaust

Okay, I have looked in the TM's and Yanmar oper. manuals and can not find anything on the exhaust for the MEP016D. There has got to be something that goes on the output of the muffler to keep the exhaust from blowing against the genset control box. Anyone have any info on this, or do they all exhaust straight out of the muffler.
I found a solution. A 1 inch copper pipe elbow will fit snugly over the muffler exhaust port. I didn't even need to put a screw in it to keep it on.
;)

1FAST4

MEP-016d conversion MWO

Still looking for the modification instructions and any other documentation for the modification kit NSN 2815 01 440 4426. It was supplied by VSE corporation.
I have a copy of the MWO for the MEP-016d conversion done by Martin Diesel. It covers the Yanmar, P/N's 96-13014, L70 AE-DE, L70AE-DEMB, L70AE-DEVSE3.

My two 016d's have the Yanmar Model# "L70AE-DEMB"

Would like to have the MWO added to the SS's resources section if anyone knows how I do it.

Attachments

stridar

I just picked up a mep016d from a friend ... trouble shot it with out any manuals and as far as i can tell... had 1 bad diode on a coil and maybe a bad voltage regulator... after calling everyone and their mother i got the onan part number for the diode... onan mod: 358b0024 .... any have a link for a manual for the modification manufacturer and parts list or a sutible replacemnet for the voltage regulator.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up a complete L70 replacement kit, including all manuals and a new regulator. I don't play with generators at all, I wanted the engine for another project. If any of these things have value to the generator folks, let me know and maybe I can help out. These were a great deal in the crate for ~$450 each.

derf

Hey, yes. Please let me know what you have left that you don't want.
I'll have a spare 3kW head when I get done with gen projects.

derf

Also, please note there are two regulators involved in the 016s. The VR is generally the regulator for the gen head. The other is a 24V DC reg for running the pumps and solenoids and such.
The VR is worth $100 or more in new condition. The other, probably not nearly as much.

1800 Diesel

Thanks for the video Derf, do you know if there are any operating instructions for the MEP-016D online? Just the basic stuff, how to start, stop, how does the fuel transfer with the belly tank work, that sort of thing.

thanks
Ike
Ike,

Did you ever come across any basic info on proper start-up procedure for the MEP-016D? I've got no hands-on experience with these & now I have one in the shop I need to service & then get running.

Thanks,

Kevin