• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016D Yanmar Model L70AE-DEGFR Technical Manual

Isaac-1

Nope nothing formal here, it is fairly simple in principal, turn knob on lever, lock lever in start position, press compression relief, pull rope, or if remote battery is connected flip switch to start.

1800 Diesel

Nope nothing formal here, it is fairly simple in principal, turn knob on lever, lock lever in start position, press compression relief, pull rope, or if remote battery is connected flip switch to start.
Figured it was a no-brainer, but just wanted to know before I did a light-off....obviously will drain old & add new oil and will look for a fuel filter.

Been working mostly on MEP2, 3 & 4s, so this model is all new to me....Thanks for checking in. :)

Kevin

Isaac-1

Fuel filter is a small standard Yanmar (salt shaker sized) thing inside the the top fuel tank, it can be a pain to replace, when I changed mine (was clogged completely with red sand) I must have dropped the thing and had to fish it out of the bottom of the tank a dozen times before finding a bent dog leg ring wrench that fit over the post on top perfectly and let me move it around to line up with the holes in the bottom of the tank.

Ike

p.s. make sure you have the fuel cut off lever on the bottom of the top fuel tank in the correct position, as I recall it is backward from the way I would have assumed.

Last edited:

max1008

I am looking for the yanmar fuel consumption. The TM gives consumption for the a&c model and the yanmar tm does not give fuel consumption.

Isaac-1

The best estimates I have found in the past is from looking up fuel consumption numbers from other Yanmar L70 powered commercial generators or the Yanmar L70 engine page.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks