• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-017A Diode part number?

derf

Yeah, I tried all those part numbers and they just seem to lead back to themselves. I was hoping to find a more readily available standard part. Looks like a regular diode.

jbk

hey derf these are the ones i used on my 017 several years ago. got them locally.

sylvania
ecg 5860
6 amp rectifier
ifm surge 150 a
prv 500 volts
thread end is k
aa

sylvania
ecg 5858
6 amp rectifier
ifm surge 150 a
prv 400 volts
thread end is k
au 4h

i also found some new bearings for the head jim

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most diodes have a generic number that starts with a 1N or a 2N. For instance, I recently replaced the 1N4722 diode on the flashing circuitry of my 002A because I was getting sporadic lack of flashing and the diode body was cracked. I had no problem finding a replacement based on the numbers on the diode itself. Presumably, your diode should be similarly marked.

John

derf

Thanks, Jim. That is what I was looking for. I don't think the ones in this head are legible. I know there must be easy to find equivalents. I just didn't know if they were forward or reverse biased. I want to go ahead and replace all three while I have it apart.
I got 5 new surplus Baldor motor spec bearings on ebay for $15 delivered. What does the little clip on the bearing do? I haven't pressed the old bearing out, yet. Is there any trick to it or does it just press out like any other bearing?
Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks