• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-017A Diode part number?

derf

Yeah, I tried all those part numbers and they just seem to lead back to themselves. I was hoping to find a more readily available standard part. Looks like a regular diode.

jbk

hey derf these are the ones i used on my 017 several years ago. got them locally.

sylvania
ecg 5860
6 amp rectifier
ifm surge 150 a
prv 500 volts
thread end is k
aa

sylvania
ecg 5858
6 amp rectifier
ifm surge 150 a
prv 400 volts
thread end is k
au 4h

i also found some new bearings for the head jim

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most diodes have a generic number that starts with a 1N or a 2N. For instance, I recently replaced the 1N4722 diode on the flashing circuitry of my 002A because I was getting sporadic lack of flashing and the diode body was cracked. I had no problem finding a replacement based on the numbers on the diode itself. Presumably, your diode should be similarly marked.

John

derf

Thanks, Jim. That is what I was looking for. I don't think the ones in this head are legible. I know there must be easy to find equivalents. I just didn't know if they were forward or reverse biased. I want to go ahead and replace all three while I have it apart.
I got 5 new surplus Baldor motor spec bearings on ebay for $15 delivered. What does the little clip on the bearing do? I haven't pressed the old bearing out, yet. Is there any trick to it or does it just press out like any other bearing?
Thanks.