• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-531A not working due to electrical issues

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a unit that makes power but everytime i close the circuit breaker it trips. I switched breakers with another unit that i have and the same thing happened. the HZ meter show 59 hz and volt meter shows 110 so the only thing i have seen is flashing the field but i do not believe that would help this situation. Inside of this unit looks brand new no corrosion, and 64 hours on the meter. Any help would be appreciated

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like there may be a short in the wiring from the breaker to the outlet or possibly a bad FL1.

You might want to remove the wire from the breakers B (Load) terminal and see if it still trips.
531A.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
I have a unit that makes power but everytime i close the circuit breaker it trips. I switched breakers with another unit that i have and the same thing happened. the HZ meter show 59 hz and volt meter shows 110 so the only thing i have seen is flashing the field but i do not believe that would help this situation. Inside of this unit looks brand new no corrosion, and 64 hours on the meter. Any help would be appreciated
You need to start a thread on your Generator. And stay there. When you post questions all over in the generator forum, you do not get the help you need. And bring confusion to others.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
You need to start a thread on your Generator. And stay there. When you post questions all over in the generator forum, you do not get the help you need. And bring confusion to others.
I have been messaging back and forth with FarmingSmallKubota, and he has a bunch of machines with multiple problems that he's going through at one time. I think he was just trying to post similar problems in similar threads to avoid duplicates, not confuse anyone... though, I can see how it would be confusing not knowing that.

Guyfang

Staff member
The rules for the forum state no cross posting. People want to help. but find it hard when the info is spread all over the forum. It is not even a good idea to start a thread when its more then two gen sets. Anyone who tries to help, has to start at the beginning, and read every post, every time they want to suggest something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks