• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-531a

NEIOWA

There are lots of them on eBay.
Saw full kits with valve and base (at over $85) which don't need.

Looking for a long term fix vs superglue patch. But if can't come up with the bowl may try patching it.

Great little gensets. Shame the Army didn't make with the Hatz 1B30CS engine as they used on the new 150gpm pumps. GREAT engine.

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a company "Hoye Tractor Parts", that has most of these parts. I just ordered a complete filter unit for one of my MEP-531A's that came without one. They also have a video of how to bleed this system (on a tractor). Kind of messy; At least I put a can under it when I bleed the system that way. Their search engine is not the best, since they list everything by tractor model, but with patience you can find most of the Yanmar parts we use for our generators.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw full kits with valve and base (at over $85) which don't need.

Looking for a long term fix vs superglue patch. But if can't come up with the bowl may try patching it.

Great little gensets. Shame the Army didn't make with the Hatz 1B30CS engine as they used on the new 150gpm pumps. GREAT engine.
You can get just the bowl on ebay. Simply search for "124064-55510 "
Many from $10 - $16

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More filter parts. I just searched e-bay for a new filter and multiple listings for a filter, bowl and gasket came up, for less than $20 for the set. Search for " New Yanmar Fuel Filter with O-ring & BOWL 104500-55710 ".

reo12

Fuel tank is so small. Do you have any idea how to replace it for big one?
There is a military kit available that allows using a jerry can for fuel. Or simply use a larger fuel tank with a gravity feed hose. The fuel system is set up for simple gravity feed. You could get a rubber bushed fuel fitting like used on the fuel tank from snowmobile dealers. Then just use a portable plastic fuel can. One fitting installed near the bottom and one near the top. You would need a stand of some sort for the tank to keep it above the fuel filter. Or, you could use an electric fuel pump to constantly transfer fuel from a bulk tank. You technically would need a return line fitted as there would be some fuel passing the injector. Quite a few other methods come to mind. I like gravity where possible as it doesn't wear out and fail.

SashaVegas

There is a military kit available that allows using a jerry can for fuel. Or simply use a larger fuel tank with a gravity feed hose. The fuel system is set up for simple gravity feed. You could get a rubber bushed fuel fitting like used on the fuel tank from snowmobile dealers. Then just use a portable plastic fuel can. One fitting installed near the bottom and one near the top. You would need a stand of some sort for the tank to keep it above the fuel filter. Or, you could use an electric fuel pump to constantly transfer fuel from a bulk tank. You technically would need a return line fitted as there would be some fuel passing the injector. Quite a few other methods come to mind. I like gravity where possible as it doesn't wear out and fail.
Thanks .
Do you now any service centres in any state for future Generator repair (troubleshooting) ?
I’m a new one in diesels;((

reo12

Thanks .
Do you now any service centres in any state for future Generator repair (troubleshooting) ?
I’m a new one in diesels;((
Honestly - you've already found a great resource. And...it's free! There are a number of folks here who can help if it is needed. Don't bother with your typical service centers. No one knows these. You do not want to pay hourly rate for someone to learn the particulars of your genset. There are some companies who specialize in selling military gensets. You can find some on ebay. Of course search in google also. I don't know how much help they will be. Helping costs time and makes no money for them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks