• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 802 torque values

incorporatedbyinference

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have finally purchased an Mep 802. I have gone through the tms but have been unable to locate any information on what to torque things at. I am going to make my own muffler gasket this weekend. If it’s not in the tms what value should I use. I know the saying “cross threaded is tightest”.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Specifically which TMs have you referenced? I ask because are you aware that there are TM sets just for the engine? Complete genset TMs and engine TMs exist (and for good reason). I think the info you are looking for is found in ARMY TM 92815-252-24

Untitled.png

Ray70

The Engine TM has a torque chart in the rear appendix, but there is no value listed next to manifold. You could either find a similar size bolt ( such as the crankcase door ) as a reference or simply tighten them within reason using 1 hand and a 3/8" ratchet. Those studs / nuts are pretty small so I don't go too crazy with them.... probably 6-8 lb./ft at most.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks