• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 802 torque values

incorporatedbyinference

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have finally purchased an Mep 802. I have gone through the tms but have been unable to locate any information on what to torque things at. I am going to make my own muffler gasket this weekend. If it’s not in the tms what value should I use. I know the saying “cross threaded is tightest”.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Specifically which TMs have you referenced? I ask because are you aware that there are TM sets just for the engine? Complete genset TMs and engine TMs exist (and for good reason). I think the info you are looking for is found in ARMY TM 92815-252-24

Untitled.png

Ray70

The Engine TM has a torque chart in the rear appendix, but there is no value listed next to manifold. You could either find a similar size bolt ( such as the crankcase door ) as a reference or simply tighten them within reason using 1 hand and a 3/8" ratchet. Those studs / nuts are pretty small so I don't go too crazy with them.... probably 6-8 lb./ft at most.