• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 803 exhaust pipe/extension

Dave926

Needs some help in deciding how to extend the exhaust for my MEP 803A. I have mine installed under roof in a partially enclosed pole barn. In order to vent it outside, It needs to run straight up 4’ and then horizontally over 6’ for a total of a 10’ run. I was planning on supporting it from above with all thread and automotive exhaust hangers and using regular 1-1/4” exhaust tubing.
My question: with a 10’ run, do I need to be concerned with back pressure? I was thinking of using a larger diameter tubing such as up to 2”. I was going to install it with a slight slope away from the generator on the horizontal section to allow for condensation drain. Any thoughts or observations any may have would be greatly appreciated.

biz

increasing size just makes your unit have to push more air. keeping it the same size all the way out creates a vacuum effect which helps pull the exhaust through the line at a good speed.

Bmxenbrett

How partly enclosed are we talking about here? If your missing one wall why even vent it? Or if you really feel the need to vent it just go vertical through B vent for heaters.

Automotive exhaust pipe is prety light gauge stuff and rots out easy i would price out sch40 pipe.

Dave926

The generator tech at the county mentioned it as soon as he saw the install. "Are you venting it outside?" The guy I bought it from also said something along those lines. The "pole barn" is actually masonary finished in stucco.
IMG_1045.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks