• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Long time reader first time poster

2Pbfeet

I had some olde rubber fire hose I put under the skids to combat that issue now only drone is the strap I hung the exhaust with. Might switch to all thread and pipe hangers.
Definitely get some rubber on the pipe strapping. I would stick with at least three or four feet of flex before moving to solid pipe. Getting absorber is easiest to do at the beam, and you probably want it pretty stretchy. You could even pick up some exhaust hangers.;)

If it were me, I might experiment with terminating the pipe under the deck vs straight out vs straight out and up. Sound perception can be interesting...

All the best,

2Pbfeet

MADDOG29

Definitely get some rubber on the pipe strapping. I would stick with at least three or four feet of flex before moving to solid pipe. Getting absorber is easiest to do at the beam, and you probably want it pretty stretchy. You could even pick up some exhaust hangers.;)

If it were me, I might experiment with terminating the pipe under the deck vs straight out vs straight out and up. Sound perception can be interesting...

All the best,

2Pbfeet
yeah probably gonna reroute the exhaust to get it above the deck I tried it going straight out but rain cap won’t stay closed. And definitely gonna get better supports for it I rushed running the pipe for temporary purpose to get me thru for now. Love how I can’t even hear it running in the house way better than the 3600rpm gasser from before

nextalcupfan

Finally got it all setup and two hour house load test done just in time for tropical storm got load up to 75%. Love this generator.
Cool you used the exact same Sub-Panel box I did.
MEP Sub-Panel Install 17.jpg
MEP Sub-Panel Install 18.jpg
MEP Sub-Panel Install 19.jpg
Though I did modify mine slightly by changing the 120V outlet on the bottom right to a NEMA 14-50 and putting 2 120v outlets in a box on the top.

I've been debating getting those small cheap amp meters and putting in one for each circuit so I can see amp draw in real time.

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool you used the exact same Sub-Panel box I did.
View attachment 906687
View attachment 906688
View attachment 906689
Though I did modify mine slightly by changing the 120V outlet on the bottom right to a NEMA 14-50 and putting 2 120v outlets in a box on the top.

I've been debating getting those small cheap amp meters and putting in one for each circuit so I can see amp draw in real time.
Been using these type for last 2 years on transfer switch to monitor output of 803a . Of course not as accurate as fluke meter, but helpful nonetheless 20210226_163935.jpg

MADDOG29

I would suggest mouse proofing your unit and will also keep the mud daubers and wasps etc out.
What is the best thing will 1/8" mesh work and still allow enough airflow. Also anyone find a better way to seal the doors mine close tight but I have read guys getting wasp nest in them.

Ray70

I recognize that exhaust pipe, I have the same pipe in my parts stash, think it's from a laundry trailer perhaps??
One or 2 words of caution: I use mine often to test machines in my shop, The pipe gets pretty hot even fairly far away from the machine after load testing for a while. Also, they tend to accumulate some carbon and unburned fuel and eventually begin to smoke, giving you a false impression that the machine is wet stacked or otherwise smoking when it is really being caused by the pipe itself, collecting stuff that would normally go unnoticed up into the atmosphere.

2Pbfeet

I recognize that exhaust pipe, I have the same pipe in my parts stash, think it's from a laundry trailer perhaps??
One or 2 words of caution: I use mine often to test machines in my shop, The pipe gets pretty hot even fairly far away from the machine after load testing for a while. Also, they tend to accumulate some carbon and unburned fuel and eventually begin to smoke, giving you a false impression that the machine is wet stacked or otherwise smoking when it is really being caused by the pipe itself, collecting stuff that would normally go unnoticed up into the atmosphere.
If you insulate the pipe, it helps keep carbon and gunk from depositing in the pipe, but doesn't eliminate it entirely. The corrugating in the flex pipe are just naturally good at having nooks and crannies that deposits get into. For long term use, I would try to use smooth pipe as much as possible in the exhaust plumbing.

All the best,

2Pbfeet

MADDOG29

If you insulate the pipe, it helps keep carbon and gunk from depositing in the pipe, but doesn't eliminate it entirely. The corrugating in the flex pipe are just naturally good at having nooks and crannies that deposits get into. For long term use, I would try to use smooth pipe as much as possible in the exhaust plumbing.

All the best,

2Pbfeet
I was looking at getting a wire brush for it just brush it once a year should be good it does get hot. Even a dryer vent brush should help keep the deposits down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks