• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804B Governor control actuator problems

Jsampo85

Good afternoon guys, i'm having a problem with a GENSET, I can apply power with my power probe to the actuator and it works like normal and sends fuel through the injection pump, however when I reconnect it to the P10 connector plug I get NOTHING. Can anyone tell me where I can trace the wiring back to find where they originate from so I can see if there are any further faults somewhere for the non voltage getting to the pump from it's actual wiring.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Screw magnetic pickup (4, Figure 4-30) into flywheel housing until pickup bottoms out on flywheel. Back magnetic pickup out 1 1/2 turns. Tighten locknut (5).

Adjust magnetic pickup (4), 4.13.3.d.

Set multimeter for VAC, and connect multimeter positive lead to terminal B of P13 and negative lead to terminal A.

Set MASTER CONTROL switch to ON and crank engine with DEAD CRANK switch. Observe
multimeter. Indication should be between 2.0 and 3.0 VAC*

If indications are not as above, back magnetic pickup out 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Retest by cranking engine and observe multimeter voltage.

bobcatjt

thanks for the reply ill give this one more try soon i was just cranking it with the master switch and a helper watching the meter i got it to 4vac ill try and get 2 to3 but the confusing part is i have 4 vac all the way to the A5 when i hook them up to 16&17 it then reads 20vac? and no power to the actuator terminals

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks