• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-8xx series fuel pump

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP-802/803 fuel pump

Howdy,
The 800 series TQG has 2 different fuel pumps. The older style is a square Facet electric fuel pump. The newer style is a round Airtex E1074 fuel pump. This is the primary pump location item. A lot of the units already have these mounted, or have been replaced with the round Airtex fuel pump.

MEP-802A fuel pump (primary)
MEP-812A fuel pump (primary)
MEP-803A fuel pump (primary)
MEP-813A fuel pump (primary)

The picture below shows the components.
NSN 2910-01-565-9234 E 1074 PUMP,FUEL,ELECTRICAL 24V (pump only)
NSN 2910-01-553-6571 FILTER ELEMENT,FLUID (small barrel filter only)
NSN 2910-01-491-1340 PARTS KIT,METERING AND DISTRIBUTING FUEL PUMP (full replacement kit = pump, filter, and steel line piping*(approx. 4 inch piece)
airtex E1074 24v fuel pump.jpg

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

I got in the NSN 2910-01-553-6571 FILTER ELEMENT,FLUID (small barrel filter only) PART# 00-24000
Filter element.jpg
It is attached to the fuel pump.

odge

Thanks K. Will look there. I appreciate all the info available on this sight and all the guys who take time out of there day to provide that information.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

NSN 2910-01-553-6571 FILTER ELEMENT,FLUID (small barrel filter only) PART# 00-24000
Civilian world = Airtex G-17 filter
It is attached to the fuel pump
airtex_g17.jpgFilter element.jpg

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently ordered 3 and its been a back and forth of backorder shipping dates. They say they are going to send them as soon as they can get them. Right now looking at the end of this month. I hope they don't end up canceling the order. I need to replace a failed one now.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Summit finally canceled my order. I called Airtex today and talked to one of the technical folks. He said they were bought by Carter and all the Airtex parts were being "replaced" by Carter products.

He told me the closest pump going forward will be a Carter P74016. Its slightly higher flow but the same pressure. Shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to order one and see what it takes to make it work since I have a machine with a bad pump.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p74016

Edit: Added images before the E1074 pump disappears from the Summit website.

Also - He said that the E8135 is the same pump as the Carter P74016.

FuelPumpAirtex.PNGFuelPumpCarter.PNG

Last edited:

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Summit finally canceled my order. I called Airtex today and talked to one of the technical folks. He said they were bought by Carter and all the Airtex parts were being "replaced" by Carter products.

He told me the closest pump going forward will be a Carter P74016. Its slightly higher flow but the same pressure. Shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to order one and see what it takes to make it work since I have a machine with a bad pump.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p74016

Edit: Added images before the E1074 pump disappears from the Summit website.

Also - He said that the E8135 is the same pump as the Carter P74016.

View attachment 779708View attachment 779709
Thanks for the information. I just got notice of my canceled order as well. Going to get ahold of them & have them change the order to the part number you mentioned.

Ray70

If you are replacing the original square pump, the E8135 is a drop in replacement, no extra fittings etc. needed just reuse the 90 and 45 degree 1/4" NPT fittings off the old pump.
I buy them from Rock Auto and ebay
If you are replacing the round E1074 with the adapter pipe you will need to buy two 1/4 NPT male x #4 JIC adapters , one 90 degree and one 45 degree. I get these from www.discounthydraulichose.com
I try to keep a couple pumps and a hand full of fittings on-hand incase a customer ever calls with a failed fuel pump, or one dies on a machine I'm working on.
If you want to install the G-17 strainer ( its not really a filter ) that is 1/8" NPT so you need to get the right adapters to install it in your desired location ( input to the pump )

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was a fool to have cancelled my Summit order months ago... thanks for the info on the Carter unit Chris & Ray.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks