• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP003 siezed up

PeterD

I'll say it too, those injectors are horrific... I'd say there was a lot of moisture in that engine, and likely it will need to be taken completely down and rebuilt. I don't think you'll be able to salvage the injectors either, but you might want to take them to a diesel pump and injection shop and see what they say--I'm guessing but I think they will have trouble speaking due to the inability to keep from laughing (the are that bad!)

I'm sure there is hope for that engine, but it seems it may need a lot of work to recover, not just simply stuck from a bit of sitting.

roady

OK Guys here is the latest update. Could not get the motor to budge and my wallet now has the cash back in it. I took it back this morning and got all my cash back. I keep my eyes open for something else down the road.

I appreciate all the help and advice from everyone here. This site is really great with all the knowledge available.

Thanks again.

derf

I agree with PeterD. Judging from the condition of the business end of the injector you would have trouble making that engine run. At least you had the opportunity to get a refund. Had it been a GL purchase you would have bought it for good.

roady

The generator originally came from GL. I bought it from a salvage yard that buys and scraps from GL. They dont buy as much now that the prices of a lot of this stuff has gotten quite high. I think they buy a lot of the stuff that isnt selling and is still worth good money to them via the scrap prices.

I am glad that I have a decent relationship with them so far. They defiantly treated me good with this sale.

roady

You might get them to sell parts off the items they buy for scrap. Could help a few people out and they could make a little more money.
They do sell quite a bit of there military items. They have a lot of local people buy all kind of things from them. I can't believe some of the things people scrap.

Keith_J

What is your definition of hydrolocked?
Hydro means water. While most hydraulics use fluid other than water, the name stuck. My comment was a pun.

Water + iron + aluminum means corrosion. I just hope the MEP 002a I am getting is in better shape.

derf

Hydro means water. While most hydraulics use fluid other than water, the name stuck. My comment was a pun.

Water + iron + aluminum means corrosion. I just hope the MEP 002a I am getting is in better shape.
Hydro does denote water. But, as you stated, it can mean fluid other than water.

I get your pun. But, since he it trying to fix his gen and the real "hydrolock" (hydrostatic lock) in this case would almost certainly involve fuel, you may be confusing the issue.

Hydrolock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

landfillman

I hate to hear your motor was seized. I have an old Studabaker Onan single cylinder generator at work. Its the kind that starts through the armature. Last year when we were gettin a 100 percent chance of a a maor snow I sent it home with dad. On a test start it locked up. I pulled the injector and oil was on top of the piston and the piston was on the bootom of the stroke. Turns out a week earlier one of my workers bumped it off a stand it was on and is sat on its side a few hours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks