• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP004A keeps running at low RPM after it is shut off

Amnon

Went out to run my spare 004A and it took a good 30 seconds to start and get to normal RPM. I then noticed that the voltage was at 120V, but nothing on the frequency meter. Shut it down to try again, but it took it about two minutes to actually shut down. It kept on running a a very low RPM. Finally it did shut down and I restarted it the normal way by holding the start switch up until it reached normal RPM. But the freq. meter showed nothing still, with the volt meter showing 120. I let it run for about 5 minutes, shut it down, and the same story, it kept running at very low RPM for about 2 minutes, and gradually shut down.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Amnon

Scoobyshep

Ok so first thing use a multimeter ( or in a pinch a kill-a-watt meter) to read actual frequency ( the onboard meters can go bad)

The slow shutdown sounds to me like the fuel solenoid in the IP is sticking.

A video would probably be helpful in this case.

Ray70

If you want to verify the fuel solenoid you can untie the safety wire ( assuming it's there ) that holds the lever on the side of the IP in the counter clockwise position. Shut the machine off and throw the lever to the right to manually shut off the IP.
If that kills the machine immediately, there is an issue with either the solenoid itself or the internal linkage is sticking and the solenoid is not able to overcome the resistance quickly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks