• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP005 under voltage problem

Sephirothq

On mine when i first got it I had some issues with the fuel system that i got cleared up but when i finally got it running it would make more then 100 volts. I couldn't adjust the voltage with the control. It didn't matter where i turned the control. When i flashed the fields I would get about 130 volts on the gauge while holding the start switch up. I left the unit run for a bit and it shut down suddenly with an over voltage issue. I had the control turned all the way to the right.

So I put the control in the middle and restarted it and everything worked except for the load meter which was pegged at 133%. But the unit worked to make power. I ran small loads off of it but nothing major.

This worked for about a year and then I tried it this past fall and I was back to the 100 volts only.

I read some posts on the VR diodes being bad so i checked mine and they were corroded. I replaced the diodes today and it didn't fix my issue.

Can you give me a place to start on where my problem might be?

Can I bench test the VR? and how to do it?

Any help would be great
thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks