• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP005 under voltage problem

Sephirothq

On mine when i first got it I had some issues with the fuel system that i got cleared up but when i finally got it running it would make more then 100 volts. I couldn't adjust the voltage with the control. It didn't matter where i turned the control. When i flashed the fields I would get about 130 volts on the gauge while holding the start switch up. I left the unit run for a bit and it shut down suddenly with an over voltage issue. I had the control turned all the way to the right.

So I put the control in the middle and restarted it and everything worked except for the load meter which was pegged at 133%. But the unit worked to make power. I ran small loads off of it but nothing major.

This worked for about a year and then I tried it this past fall and I was back to the 100 volts only.

I read some posts on the VR diodes being bad so i checked mine and they were corroded. I replaced the diodes today and it didn't fix my issue.

Can you give me a place to start on where my problem might be?

Can I bench test the VR? and how to do it?

Any help would be great
thanks