• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP803A Sound Levels

nextalcupfan

I'll add one more thing, if you look in the video when I'm checking the exhaust temps you'll see some black stuff around the cylinder head to manifold connection, but the muffler to manifold connection is clean.
1607118027986.png
This is what it looked like when I bought the set, IMO if yours looks like this you should burn out the wet stacking.
If it looks like my set in the video you're probably fine.
1607118232468.png

Guyfang

Staff member
Two days is not that big a deal. Do not run out in a panic and buy the first heater you can find. Take your time, find what you want, for the price you are willing to pay. The gen set will not self destruct in the near future. Wait until you do not need it, then take care of the problem. I start out at 40-50% load. run it an hour or two. Then step it up to 70-80% if you can. Better yet, is 100%, but if you can not get it that high, it will still be OK. Run it a hour or two. If your set is wet stacked, the dried carbon WILL come out of the exhaust and be like fallout. It will get on and in everything. So do not park your Lamborghini down wind. It also can and has happened to me, set the woods to burning.

The reason I say wait until you do not need the set, is so you can take your time, read the directions, hook it up SAFELY and not have to worry about keeping your house powered up. Later, when you KNOW how to hook it up and run in conjugation with your house, SAFELY, you can step up the load a tad, and not knock your house off load.

mchlsprgn

Two days is not that big a deal. Do not run out in a panic and buy the first heater you can find. Take your time, find what you want, for the price you are willing to pay. The gen set will not self destruct in the near future. Wait until you do not need it, then take care of the problem. I start out at 40-50% load. run it an hour or two. Then step it up to 70-80% if you can. Better yet, is 100%, but if you can not get it that high, it will still be OK. Run it a hour or two. If your set is wet stacked, the dried carbon WILL come out of the exhaust and be like fallout. It will get on and in everything. So do not park your Lamborghini down wind. It also can and has happened to me, set the woods to burning.

The reason I say wait until you do not need the set, is so you can take your time, read the directions, hook it up SAFELY and not have to worry about keeping your house powered up. Later, when you KNOW how to hook it up and run in conjugation with your house, SAFELY, you can step up the load a tad, and not knock your house off load.
do you think using a heater to increase load is a good idea. The gen is running now powering the house just fine so far so good

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are running light loads, its a good idea to put seafoam into your fuel when you do burn it hot. Helps kick the rest of the crud out of the system.

mchlsprgn

Sure. How are you going to hook it up? At the 120 volt outlet? Or the load terminals? And safely. Notice I keep using this word.
Not sure on the hookup probably load terms . But I get the safety issue, i'm going slow. Digging a ditch to the house panel putting in conduit, # 6 wire, an outdoor panel at the gen with disconnect and breakers I have lots of plans and time . Thanks for the advice Mike

quartermeter

Not that it matters but what's the 803 read when the ac is running?

Have a soft start put in your ac's outdoor unit and I'd be willing to bet a 802 will run your house all day with no issues.

It's been said more times than I can count that a 803 is a lot of machine.

If I was smart I would have took the money I spent on a 803, spent it on the gas water heater and then bought an 802.

Now I have a 802 and a 803. Don't get me wrong I needed the 803 with the electric water heater but now that the WH has been replaced I don't need a 803.

Guess I need to find a buyer for a great running 803.
Where r u located?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks