• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP804a question under voltage

319cssb

Hello all. I am having a few issues with my gen set.
When I start the gen, I will get a 'under voltage ' light. Someone has messed with the k5 relay before, it was not bolted to the base and loosely in there.
IMG_9776.JPG
They may have replaced it or put a faulty one in.
I cheched the magnetic sensor on the bell housing and it checks out ok.
This morning I checked the fuse in the control box and I thought it was ok.
This evening I checked again and it was open. So I have to replace it. i think it is a 3 amp fuse but not sure I cant see any writing on it.
IMG_9779.JPG
Can someone verify the value?
IMG_9778.JPG

Guyfang

Staff member
Install a 3amp/600VAC, time delay fuse. The attached document explains the who, what and why of the quad circuit .MWO. If the new fuse blows, you have a volt regulator problem.

Go to the -24 TM, page, (PDF reader page #) 213, for the test procedure for the K5.

Attachments

319cssb

Install a 3amp/600VAC, time delay fuse. The attached document explains the who, what and why of the quad circuit .MWO. If the new fuse blows, you have a volt regulator problem.

Go to the -24 TM, page, (PDF reader page #) 213, for the test procedure for the K5.
The # amp fuse I replaced the old one with didn't blow.
I see a different oddity : the gen set has under voltage light on. The AC switch doesn't close, stays open. I got my environment unit connected to the 3 phases. I have to turn on the battle switch and then close the AC connect switch and it stays closed.
If I turn on the gen set and the under voltage light is on and I press the test button, the over voltage will come on and turn off the gen set.
Lately I am getting a reading on the gauges. ODD ... however I can't adjust the voltage.
Can someone post a photo of what the connections on the voltage regulator should look like?
I will post a photo of what mine looks like when I get home.

Guyfang

Staff member
The # amp fuse I replaced the old one with didn't blow.
I see a different oddity : the gen set has under voltage light on. (What the AC volt meter read? What voltage do you have at the 120 outlet?) The AC switch doesn't close, stays open. (If, there is no output from the main gen, then the K1 will not close.) I got my environment unit connected to the 3 phases. I have to turn on the battle switch and then close the AC connect switch and it stays closed. (You are forcing it to close, so it will close. And stay closed)
If I turn on the gen set and the under voltage light is on and I press the test button, the over voltage will come on and turn off the gen set.
Lately I am getting a reading on the gauges. ODD ... however I can't adjust the voltage.
Can someone post a photo of what the connections on the voltage regulator should look like?
I will post a photo of what mine looks like when I get home. (Open the attached document. On page 5, (PDF reader page number) is the A1, (AC volt regulator) hook up.)
Open to read all I wrote.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks