• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep831a problems

JRKJeeper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for accepting me!
I bought a generator from auction. Low hours, looked clean, fuel was drained, battery present. Well I received it today. Battery was junk. I installed two motorcycle batteries like a post I saw on here. They fit in great. Getting 24.9volts off of them. Hook up the cables. Not even a peep or sound out of this thing. Test 1 in service manual says to test Tb30- tb-31. Tb30 is pretty rusted. I only get .5v there which says check connections. My connections seem to be good. I took them off and tested between those terminals and get 0. Manual only says to check connections for that problem. Has no other place to check. I’m a plumber so I think I’m handy enough to know I’m checking correctly. But maybe someone else could give me a pointer or two? Thanks in advance.

JRKJeeper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I Found a post with the 24V path of travel on here. I have followed it from the battery to the starter, to the center stud of the slave connector, to k2 A1,K13-A1, p7 17 shows to be on the same stud in my diagram. Then I am supposed to test J7-17 Which I find on my diagram on TB5 where I dont get 24v anymore. Am I at the wrong spot for the j7-17? I am also using the battery negative as my ground point for those tests. I cant get a reading when I try and ground to the cabinet with the meter. Only a few random screws will let me ground to them otherwise.