• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep831a problems

JRKJeeper

Thanks for accepting me!
I bought a generator from auction. Low hours, looked clean, fuel was drained, battery present. Well I received it today. Battery was junk. I installed two motorcycle batteries like a post I saw on here. They fit in great. Getting 24.9volts off of them. Hook up the cables. Not even a peep or sound out of this thing. Test 1 in service manual says to test Tb30- tb-31. Tb30 is pretty rusted. I only get .5v there which says check connections. My connections seem to be good. I took them off and tested between those terminals and get 0. Manual only says to check connections for that problem. Has no other place to check. I’m a plumber so I think I’m handy enough to know I’m checking correctly. But maybe someone else could give me a pointer or two? Thanks in advance.

JRKJeeper

I Found a post with the 24V path of travel on here. I have followed it from the battery to the starter, to the center stud of the slave connector, to k2 A1,K13-A1, p7 17 shows to be on the same stud in my diagram. Then I am supposed to test J7-17 Which I find on my diagram on TB5 where I dont get 24v anymore. Am I at the wrong spot for the j7-17? I am also using the battery negative as my ground point for those tests. I cant get a reading when I try and ground to the cabinet with the meter. Only a few random screws will let me ground to them otherwise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks