• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEPs and Hurricane Irma

robson1015

The site posted for the well nut replacement shows the part 'currently unavailable'....I would guess they ran out due to all the members on here ordering them...

steelydan

Getting to know your unit can really help in the time of need like Guyfang said. Do a load test at night and a test run on your house on a rainy day. Most likely wont be sunny and 80* when the power goes out.

Make sure you print out the important parts of the TM. If not print the whole thing. Wire diagrams included. No power usualy means no internet.

I've got all the manual in electronic form, but does anyone know a reliable place to get authentic printed manuals? I've google'd and can't find any.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got all the manual in electronic form, but does anyone know a reliable place to get authentic printed manuals? I've google'd and can't find any.
I have my wife print them double sided on her laser printer, then binder and document protect them

Attachments

steelydan

It certainly is frustrating when someone pops onto the forum for a quick easy answer when its obvious that they have put zero effort into figuring anything out for themselves. It can come across as disrespectful to the members here and especially to the members that go out of their way to offer help.

One of the things that may be helpful (in my opinion) is to make a sticky for the top of the forum with some basic instructions on how to find the answers to the most frequently asked questions. Kind of a READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING kind of thing. I'd be happy to contribute to that.

I've really enjoyed participating here since the group is very much a git-er-done crowd.

I, like many others, have the manuals in PDF form. But I'm a much better learner when watching a video since it's got audio and visual stimulus. So.... I think it would be a cool idea if someone here would make a YouTube video or DVD or something that they could sell. First one would be "Getting Started" with a tour of the unit telling folks what every component is. Volume 2 could be "Running the Generator" and would cover start up, running and shut down procedures. Volume 3 could be "Maintenance and Troubleshooting". Just an idea. Seems like with enough of these being sold, someone could make some money.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I, like many others, have the manuals in PDF form. But I'm a much better learner when watching a video since it's got audio and visual stimulus. So.... I think it would be a cool idea if someone here would make a YouTube video or DVD or something that they could sell. First one would be "Getting Started" with a tour of the unit telling folks what every component is. Volume 2 could be "Running the Generator" and would cover start up, running and shut down procedures. Volume 3 could be "Maintenance and Troubleshooting". Just an idea. Seems like with enough of these being sold, someone could make some money.
Howdy,
At least you have found steelsoldiers forums. ;)

You could start here, and go through the links, and the thread to see what's out there. :cool:

MEP-802/803 Filters and Parts

steelydan

Howdy,
At least you have found steelsoldiers forums. ;)

You could start here, and go through the links, and the thread to see what's out there. :cool:

MEP-802/803 Filters and Parts

Yes! Thank God for this forum. I found it before I bid on the generator. If I hadn't found this site, or if it were a dead site, I would not have bid on one.
I really appreciate all the folks who are eager to help. To give something back, I finally did a new post on my trip, with tips for folks who've just won one. Hopefully it helps someone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks