• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Merc1973's First Deuce Build Thread

Merc1973

On a trip to NAPA today, I picked up some new instrument panel light bulb (upgraded to brighter # 356). I plant to install another red gauge light in the middle of the panel.
IMAG0680_zps15eafdc1.jpg

A slobber/road draft tube. (1-1/4" ID x 3')
IMAG0679_zpsafcedbeb.jpg

Some license plate brackets for front and rear.
IMAG0677_zpsa00bf48a.jpg

Merc1973

Update: Drove 60 miles with 2 cord of firewood though a couple passes in Appalachia without issue. A little low on power with the load, plus the brakes required a bit more force to stop. Also my turn signals stopped working. I checked and cleaned the flasher relay ground , but no change. Next up is a flasher box replacement.

IMAG1001.jpg

Can anyone tell me what would have been mounted on the firewall that is no longer there (shown in picture)?

Attachments

localmusicfan

Isn't that where the quick starting fluid canister normally mounts? Check out episode 8 on the series "so you want to own a deuce and a half" on youtube.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks