• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Metal Magnets's M211 teardown and future rebuild.

gentrysgarage

Thanks for your videos and documentation, I have been looking at them to formulate a game plan for when my truck arrives. Do you have full size pictures stored on the net, ie Flicker Photobucket? My eyes aren't what they used to be:-(.

Hello sir,
Sorry about the late response, been crazy here with the holiday's and then all the snow. I will post any pictures you need, and thank you for the encouragement. I have only the pictures on my Google Drive, which I can link anyone to if I can do it right. Never had to before, so hopefully It will work. If you down load the pictures I have here, you can open them in your documents, and then enlarge them to suit your needs. If that doesn't work, I'll find a way to send you the pictures you need. I have so much to get loaded up to Y.T, I don't know where to start. I'm off work this week on holiday's, so I plan to GOPRO a lot of stuff. I need the practice. Hopefully it will be entertaining.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The view man.....the view.

What snow? I don't see any snow! The last pic we got from you,,,,,,things looked like this.

lakeside view.jpg

We haven't had any big snowfalls for a while so it's good seeing the joy you guys are going through. My good friend out of Campbellton said they would keep the shovels indoors so they could climb out a top story window with them and dig a tunnel to the front door to let Mom out.

Happy New year from the frigid prairies.

Summer pictures

Yes, I remember that picture, i actually use it as a screen saver when it's -37 and 40 kph winds!!!!!! That photo is not photo shopped or altered at all. It was a "perfect day"..Since you are teasing me, I wish i had taken a picture of the girls on the Eel River bar out suntanning on that same day!!! Many wonderful sights to see around here my friend. I'll take a few shots tomorrow, of the snow drifts, and snowbanks, if the projected storm doesn't hit before sunup. Actually this winter is average so far. I've seen some you were beginning to wonder if it would still snow in June!! I'll be posting updates on the "military wrecker" project tomorrow, got some good work done tonight, need the welding smoke to clear to shoot good video.
Scotty.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's just beautiful Scotty. If the prairies don't start producing snow again I might need to move. Great video, the sound is good so that truck sounds sharp. Seeing the troubleshooting with the parts swap makes the work look easy. :beer: Thanks for following up with the pics,,,,,"that" ....is snow!. We've only got 150mm-200mm of snow....geeez, remember when we used to say 6-8" inches and be happy about it!

PC310084.jpg

Hello Kiddo, I see you have the "herd" out grazing in the field, you lucky bugger!! As for MM to inches, i'm sure there's about a good 2 1/2 feet in the yard, my brother out your way said a little while ago, he had maybe 5-6 inches. It's when i see on the news in the States,that they report a "big" snowfall, and the people walking by wear sneakers. Stop by here next storm and try that!!. I should post a picture of my cleats i have for my boots when it's freezing rain. Your friend in Campbellton is not really exaggerating with keeping the shovel IN the house.

1944mb

What snow? I don't see any snow! The last pic we got from you,,,,,,things looked like this.

View attachment 661356
Looks dreamy, haha. Our last snow storm we got 2'. After that we were at -15F with 30-40mph winds. We are suppose to get another 2' tomorrow night. Depends where you are in the states. Know a gal from buffalo, NY who said its not totally uncommon to get 6-8' in a night. Nice video of the truck, looks like shes ready to go

Looks dreamy, haha. Our last snow storm we got 2'. After that we were at -15F with 30-40mph winds. We are suppose to get another 2' tomorrow night. Depends where you are in the states. Know a gal from buffalo, NY who said its not totally uncommon to get 6-8' in a night. Nice video of the truck, looks like shes ready to go
Thanks, We had a good old fashioned blizzard just the other night, was some fun going to work, lots of cars off the road and all. I still have much to do before getting behind the wheel and enjoying my Deuce, she leaks prestone bad for one, trans fluid, and brake fluid most importantly. So those need my attention before playtime, but I'm getting things done slowly but surely. Next I want to get the manifold leaks fixed, since I'm under the hood at this time. Will post more later,
Scotty.

1944mb

I'll bet where you are located you have a bunch of humidity with your cold. Here we are dry, so its not too bad. Funny how those snow storms work around here...takes a number of them before people remember to slow down. Well if nothing else it looks as though you have a great start on getting her to run right! I enjoy watching your progress

Another Ahab

All bets are off for Buffalo NY in wintertime. It's kind of like Fort Drum. They just get a whole different winter than most of the rest of us.

And I'm okay with that. :jumpin::whistle:

I'll bet where you are located you have a bunch of humidity with your cold. Here we are dry, so its not too bad. Funny how those snow storms work around here...takes a number of them before people remember to slow down. Well if nothing else it looks as though you have a great start on getting her to run right! I enjoy watching your progress
Yes, as a matter of fact, we have a lot of humidity, in the summer, an average July day can be more or less than 90 degrees with a high humidity index, which makes the sweat just run from you doing nothing.At night, it's sometimes very hard to sleep, so the fans go steady. My basement is a COOL 60 degrees always, so it's really nice to work there.When you step outside, the heat just hits you like a brick. I was thinking about Arizona which has high heat, but low humidity, so I don't think it's as bad . That's one of many places I would love to visit someday.

All bets are off for Buffalo NY in wintertime. It's kind of like Fort Drum. They just get a whole different winter than most of the rest of us.

And I'm okay with that. :jumpin::whistle:
Last winter the river didn't freeze until mid February, almost March. I looked outside today, and it's frozen now. Two weeks or sooner, and the yearly smelt fishing in the main channel will start. Tonight it's -20 Celsius, with about 10 mph wind.

Guess what? MORE STUFF COMING HOME!!!

20170110_150953 (1).jpg20170110_150920.jpg20170110_150639.jpg20170110_150659.jpg

This was what I did today, digging out stuff buried deep. The Mil water tank is banged up but salvagable, and the boom, is a Pitman Polecat 650. (1973) I inspect and repair all sorts of booms, and this was removed from a 1990- chassis. I have a use for this at home......He He He!!!!:twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks