• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

metal to metal contact noise where the transmission and motor bolt together

84cucv1ton

when I got back home I took off the inspection cover. It looks like the weight on the flywheel is hitting something. The flywheel itself seems to be in okay shape. I turned it over by hand. Teeth look fine doesn't appear to be any cracks from what I could see. Any ideas? Thanks a lot[thumbzup]

Drock

Sounds like the notorious loose flywheel bolts to me. If your lucky it's the bolts or nuts to the torque converter check those first. Otherwise it would be the bolts to the crank. You may not be able to tell just buy moving it by hand. Try looking at it with the truck running and a trustworthy friend to rev it for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks