• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan bsck to bricks MV show

digitaldust

I was contacted by the Back To The Bricks auto show

We are looking for MV's for the show. This is a few day event
Back to the bricks is a very large show with 1000's of cars trucks, few MV's. This year there is a push for more MV's

This is like Woodward dream cruise without the congestion
flint is well planned out. the cruse is 12 miles of cars !

The Rolling Cruise is from 5-10 pm Wednesday 8/18 & Thursday 8/19. Our premier Host Site is at the N/W corner of Hemphill and Saginaw (at the old Fisher Body building & lot). If we just have 2 or 3 vehicles I can park them wherever it works best. If we wind up with more than that I’ll have to arrange special parking in the main lot that still keeps them visible from Saginaw St.

We have the Hemphill Rd lot all afternoon and evening to set up on Wed & Thurs but the cruise officially starts at 5:00pm each night.
If Saturday doesn’t conflict with you other show and your group can attend, I’ll have to see what we can arrange downtown. I’ll need to know how many vehicles are committed to attend and any special requirements from weight etc. so I can arrange space. The Saturday times go from 8am-8pm. By the way, we may have a fly over downtown on Saturday morning by the Air Force with some F- 16s.

please dont wait I really need to have a idea on who can show uo.
there are no fees

Preacherboy

How did this event go? I read about it in the paper, but it didn't mention any military vehicles? Digitaldust, was it just you?

I'm still waiting on my EUC!!! 52 business days on my trailers, and over 20 on the truck.

digitaldust

I will have a site photo coming soon ! Does anyone have any request? Power , Diner , motels etc.

cooking out will be done on site I have a grill and will have some stuff.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count me back to the Bricks in Flint , Mi .
In to both of M1009 & M1028a2
My m1009 is in maint. full resto frame off sa DS maint.
My M1028 power By 6BTA Cummins out AF TUG.:p

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maby my m1028a2 might be done by then still up in the air.
I just set an Cummins 6BTA in line 6 cyl in it built new trans TH 475 & NP205 with lomax gear set in it Installed 1410 yoke u jonits & 4in od prop shaft & hd spline slip joint.
removed GM 14bolt 4.56 replaced with Dana 70 hd 3.07 gear set still half to do the front
have matching front Dana 61 3.07 this axle is 4500 lbs wt rate. rear is 7400 lbs wt rate.
this is my new recovery . the M1009 will be done with DES Tan CARC spec.
up dated to cover that is been built for new deployment as dd250 spec. as new equip.
in side will be done as same to new seat re cover & paint to seat belt up dated
this M1009 will be pres.day spec just RG31 or RG33 MRAP color spec & seat belts seat color.
this will be a fun time at Back to The Brick's in flint.:)

Preacherboy

Well, I have my truck now! So I would really like to make it to this show. Just working on getting a title and plates...found insurance, but at $60 per month it is a little bit more than I wanted to pay.

Does anyone have the inside track on titling the truck in MI? Do I have to get the SF97 form from GL? Or is there another easier, faster way?

hummer4x4guy

I have some vacation days to burn and I would be up for bringing the humvee down on Saturday. I just need to clear it with work.
Is this like the woodward cruise where we get to drive up and down the road or is it a park em and ppl walk around?
Joel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks