• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan MVPA Show and Swap Meet 6/11

196thprober

The Board Members of the MIMVPA ( www.mimvpa.org ) are proud and honored to announce and welcome you to our event:

Location: Oscoda Michigan on the now deactivated but history rich Wurtsmith Air Force Base (SAC), adjacent to the historic Wurtsmith Air Museum. Oscoda is located on Lake Huron about 3 hours driving time north of Detroit.

Dates/Times: Friday June 24th 9am to 7pm, Saturday June 25th 9am to 7 pm, and Sunday June 26th 9am to 1 pm. There will be a Military Color Guard performing both the opening and closing ceremonies.

There will be both outdoor and indoor vendor display areas. The indoor vendor area will be in a hanger which is part of the Museum and once housed F105 Fighters in the 60s, have tables/chairs provided and will be locked down and secured each evening at 7:30 pm until the next morning. There will be an additional fee of approximately $20/table for the indoor/locked down vendor location.

There will be no Flea Market type vendors allowed. Military vehicle related or other Military related memorabilia only will be displayed.

In order to display a vehicle or set up as a vendor, you must be a member of or join the MIMVPA. Memberships will of course be available at the registration table and they are $20 for a 1 year regular membership.

There will be no alcohol consumption by show participants during show hours. There will be no on-site camping, but there are numerous camgrounds, resorts, and motels in the Oscoda area. There will likely also be an area approximately 5 miles away from the show site at which there will be free primitive camping for show participants. Nighttime security of displayed vehicles will be provided by MIMVPA officials and their designees.

The event will be advertised locally, regionally, and nationally. There will be a convoy/tour for/by any military vehicles that wish to participate at 8 pm on Saturday night.

We will be coordinating this event with and benifiting both the Wurtsmith Air Museum and the Veterans Memorial Park of Northeast Michigan.

This startup post is meant to provide the abosulute most basic initial details and information and announce the event. There will much more information provided (a schedule of events will appear at the end of this week) both on this thread and on our website in the ensuing weeks as informastion is confirmed and questions are asked.

Thank you very much from the members of the MIMVPA, please ask any qustions you would like, and we hope you can make it.

Last edited:

196thprober

Oscoda Show

I'll put that on our calender. Hopefully 1st cutting hay will be done and we will be able to getaway. :)
camp9, I'd like to make a personal invatation to you and your family to come down and check things out. Because of the travel distance, we unfortunately don't get that many folks from the UP. It would be my privilege to welcome you and your clan, introduce you to a bunch of us, and steer you towards specific things/topics/etc.that you are interested in. I think your kids would be especially interested in the amazing amount of and historical significance of the material in the Museum. Please pm me anytime to ask me anything you want about the show or us-there will be more info posted on this thread also of course. Hope you can make it!

4x4e350

Sounds great!
I will try and get my 5 ton done before then, but either way I will make it.
I haven't been on Wurtsmith since they closed the base. Last time I was there, I was about 10 years old, and they let me sit in the pilot seat of a B52, an experience I will never forget!:)

NICK_M1009

Nice, the Wife and I will be there. Sounds like it will be a nice road-trip in the M1009. I would put it on display, but I dont think it's show quality. I am looking forward to meeting new people from this site and checking out other MV's.

Thanks for posting, this is my first MV show and I cant wait.:beer:

camp9

camp9, I'd like to make a personal invatation to you and your family to come down and check things out. Because of the travel distance, we unfortunately don't get that many folks from the UP. It would be my privilege to welcome you and your clan, introduce you to a bunch of us, and steer you towards specific things/topics/etc.that you are interested in. I think your kids would be especially interested in the amazing amount of and historical significance of the material in the Museum. Please pm me anytime to ask me anything you want about the show or us-there will be more info posted on this thread also of course. Hope you can make it!
Thanks much, I'll take you up on that. :)

TedG

I will be there come heck or high work load! Joel, we can convoy together. Andrew, I hear your duece has a nice fresh paint job!

4x4e350

I will be there come heck or high work load! Joel, we can convoy together. Andrew, I hear your duece has a nice fresh paint job!

Hey guys, I will be going across 46 and up 127, I can meet you in Alma and join the convoy if you will be taking 127 north? Maybe we can have a meeting point in Alma, and a few more MV's will join up?

NICK_M1009

:)Nick, show quaility is nice.... but we don't judge very harshly!:) My trucks aren't the freshly painted ones either! AndrewH
Thanks Andrew. Well I have been doing some rust removal lately. If I can get the new primer on by then I'll have it in there. I've been wanting to join the MIMVPA anyway. See ya up there Andrew... Nick

AndrewH

Hey guys, I will be going across 46 and up 127, I can meet you in Alma and join the convoy if you will be taking 127 north? Maybe we can have a meeting point in Alma, and a few more MV's will join up?
4x4,
I'll be coming in from the north and I may have to be there a little early to help setup. I hear that there is going to be 1 or maby 2 trucks heading in from the south,:D weather you plan it or not, you might "accidently" end up in a convoy! Heck, Ted is going to have to make a bunch of trips to get everything to the show!

Andrew

196thprober

1ST UPDATE:

The 'primtive' and 'free' camping area for MIMVPA show registrants is a very nice county location (small 6 acre hayfield) less than 8 miles from the show site and is being graciously offered by a supporter of ours. There will be a few simple rules to follow and when it is filled it's filled-there is no more. We can possibly reserve some spots if time/manpower permits. There will be a few simple rules to follow and those staying there will be expected to make a nominal donation towards the porta poty that MIMVPA will pay for and place there. The only potential problem is that the ground is high clay content and if theres much rain it will get greasy.

That is all.

196thprober

2nd UPDATE:

There will be NO live ammunition allowed as part of this show, and this 'rule' will be strictly enforced.

Dummy/demilled/display ammo = OK, no problem.
Dummy/demilled/display firearms = OK, no problem
Real Military firearms/Machine Guns, etc. = OK, no problem (Legally licensed/owned)
Michigan CPL holders= OK, no problem (you [better] know the law/your responsibilites)
Live Ammunition = NOT OK, BIG PROBLEM!

Any Vendor who usually sells amunition at gun shows and other events, please leave the ammo at home and bring everything else.

Thanks for your cooperation!

196thprober

3rd UPDATE:

There will be NO dogs/pets allowed on the Show Grounds, with the exception of Service Dogs of course. There will be signs for the public to that effect and this rule will also be strictly enforced.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks