• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan MVPA Show and Swap Meet 6/11

MiSasquatch

As an attendee to your Harrison meeting, I'd like to say that I was positively impressed. With such few members you've accomplished a lot!! Great participation and a well run meeting. It was evident that the "Board" were all great listeners and were interested regarding the general membership and cognizant of their individual concerns, views and ideas and even the hardships caused by the distant locations that they all came from. I heard lots of enthusiasm and interesting ideas, lots of volunteering to do this or that task. To me, it seems you are well on your way to many more good meetings and activities. God Bless America, Thank You to all Veterans. Be safe.

AndrewH

Thanks for attending the meeting! Thanks to all of the attendees! I cant wait to see who all makes it to this June show at wurtsmith! I overuse exclamation points!!!!8)Andrew

196thprober

As an attendee to your Harrison meeting, I'd like to say that I was positively impressed. With such few members you've accomplished a lot!! Great participation and a well run meeting. It was evident that the "Board" were all great listeners and were interested regarding the general membership and cognizant of their individual concerns, views and ideas and even the hardships caused by the distant locations that they all came from. I heard lots of enthusiasm and interesting ideas, lots of volunteering to do this or that task. To me, it seems you are well on your way to many more good meetings and activities. God Bless America, Thank You to all Veterans. Be safe.

Thank you very much!

One of the issues that the 6 founding members discussed at GREAT length during our organizational meeting back in October was that although we are a 'Board' , there would be complete membership inclusion with regard to ideas, discussion, feedback, etc. We made a pledge that there would be no secrets, no back room BS, and no destructive/obstructive cliques like the idiots from Brand X; it simply won't be tolerated in our affiliate.

It's all onward and upward with optimisim, positive attitudes, and great events from here! :smile:

AndrewH

Oh, why is it that all the Mid State guys get to do a convoy?!?! Im gunna have to get in on this fun!!! Lane! Matt! C'mon lets go! I'll bring blinky lights!:grin:

4x4e350

I'd like to go and will be coming up 127 from south of Lansing. What day are you planning to head out?
I plan on leaving Friday morning, anytime that works for people if they want to meet in Alma. I will hopefully be driving my 5 ton, but I am going to have to paint it prior, which should not be a problem, so hopefully it will be done.

NICK_M1009

I would'nt mind a convoy myself. I will carry tools with me and plan to have a CB radio for on the way up. I live in the thumb area and will probly take I-75 or I will run up the east side of the state along the water to get there. I plan on leaving saturday morning. Anyone interested let me know. I could possibly take another route also.

196thprober

4th Update:

There is a completely furnished modern house that is adjacent to and overlooks the free ( to show registrants) primative camping area 7 miles from the show site and has also been made available by our local supporter. A/the responsible party will have to sign a simple lease agreement for the number of days that they want to use the house. The house interior is NOT to be abused in any way ie; cleaning up/working on that problem transfer case, etc.

Description: Six (yes, 6) double beds w/linens etc., two bathrooms, stove, microwave, water in the door refrigerator, pots/pans, etc. it is completely furnshed with the exception of NO TV or Phone.

COST: $250/day with a $250 Security Deposit. There is obviously only one of these, and the first person to reserve it and make SD down payment will be the person that gets it. If you have interest I will put you in direct contact with the owner for final arrangements.

That is all.

AndrewH

One month to go! and I have soooo much to do! The deuce reallllly needs paint. I think I'll have it ready.... How are we doing over there? Need anything Chuck?

4x4e350

I wasn't able to get the truck done for the show, but I will be camping on the Ausable a few miles away. So hopefully there will still be a turn out.
I'm bummed I can drive the 5 ton.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks