• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

milfireguy

Here is a Seagrave truck that is displayed in the Motor T museum on Camp Pendleton. I took the pictures in March of this year. The light and my camera do not do this truck justice!

It having Navy markings is intriguing.

Cheers

This is a 1945 Seagrave, Model 66E, with 65 foot aerial ladder delivered to Naval Station Treasure Island, CA. Rig carried Seagrave serial number C-5760 and USN serial number 74-0019. The unit ws restored by members of the Camp Pendleton Fire Department.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grape Creek (TX) VFD New-to-them Brush Truck

I've been watching this brush truck being built for the Grape Creek Volunteer Fire Department (unincorporated community just outside San Angelo in Tom Green County, Texas, USA).

She started out as a DRMO M931 and I first spotted her at a heavy truck maintenance shop where all of her "tractor gear" was removed and a few mods made.

This morning I spotted her ON THE MOVE sporting a new paint job, headed for a public scale prior to registration, then off to have DECALS added.....

Lookin' GOOD ! ! !

Attachments

Last edited:

MRFD715

I started a thread for this truck, but I'll put them here too. Our newest addition is an M915A4 that we made into our tanker.

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Here is our M54A2 that used to be the tanker, it is now being transformed into a brush/grass rig.

DSCN3974.jpg

We also have a 1970 Dodge P10 we use as a brush/grass rig. (Sorry, no pics. I really should get some though!)

tamangel

MR,

How about putting a link to your other thread in your last message here..Nice to have ways to get to it from here ( or from there to here..)

Mike W

MRFD715

Got a couple of pics of the P10 to add here. Looks kind of goofy right now with the two strobes on it, the light bar we had on it decided it was tired of working and melted itself down. Will likely be in service for only a couple more months, that's when we plan on the M54 being back in service.

Do any of you know how it was originally equipped? I'm going to try and get my hands on it when the FD gets rid of it and I would like to put it back to original condition.

IMG-20120729-00045.jpg

IMG-20120729-00046.jpg

IMG-20120729-00047.jpg

IMG-20120729-00048.jpg

RESCUE19

Attachments

tamangel

Attachments

Last edited:

milfireguy

Got a couple of pics of the P10 to add here. Looks kind of goofy right now with the two strobes on it, the light bar we had on it decided it was tired of working and melted itself down. Will likely be in service for only a couple more months, that's when we plan on the M54 being back in service.

Do any of you know how it was originally equipped? I'm going to try and get my hands on it when the FD gets rid of it and I would like to put it back to original condition.

View attachment 349343

View attachment 349344

View attachment 349345

View attachment 349346

Do you know at which air base that P-10 served?

Freitagon

Could anyone tell me from where I could purchase military trucks?? These should contain premium quality parts and accessories for giving high performance.

milfireguy

I'm not sure, but I would love to find out. I don't really know where to start though. I do know that it was originally red, it was painted blue before we acquired it though.
Would you believe that 70L 724 is not listed in Air Force records? I have asked my contact within the AF to check for the number again. 70L 719 was at Nellis while 70L 741 was with the NDANG at Fargo. Between those two numbers there are no listings. 151

Last edited:

MRFD715

Would you believe that 70L 724 is not listed in Air Force records? I have asked my contact within the AF to check for the number again. 70L 719 was at Nellis while 70L 741 was with the NDANG at Fargo. Between those two numbers there are no listings. 151
That is interesting, assuming all the numbers between those two were used, that seems to be a lot of missing records. I appreciate you looking for me!

I can't find info on the P10V1 anywhere, so if anyone knows where I can look or how it was originally equipped I would appreciate any information I can get!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is interesting, assuming all the numbers between those two were used, that seems to be a lot of missing records. I appreciate you looking for me!

I can't find info on the P10V1 anywhere, so if anyone knows where I can look or how it was originally equipped I would appreciate any information I can get!

Those missing numbers might be on the AF Inventory for AREA 51. Those records are scheduled to be declassified in "the near future" - I thinks the release is going to happen in June of 3926 A.D. You won't have to wait toooooo loooong.

LOL

:jumpin:

MRFD715

Those missing numbers might be on the AF Inventory for AREA 51. Those records are scheduled to be declassified in "the near future" - I thinks the release is going to happen in June of 3926 A.D. You won't have to wait toooooo loooong.

LOL

:jumpin:

I guess if that is where it served I may never find out any history on it! LOL

Sometimes I think our government thinks the term "in the near future" translates to "never". :whistle:

milfireguy

I guess if that is where it served I may never find out any history on it! LOL

Sometimes I think our government thinks the term "in the near future" translates to "never". :whistle:
Heard back from the Air Force, still no info on where the rig served. One note on this series of P-10s, the body work is from Pierce. I am working to obtain a list of equipment that would have been carried on this series of P-1s.

MRFD715

Heard back from the Air Force, still no info on where the rig served. One note on this series of P-10s, the body work is from Pierce. I am working to obtain a list of equipment that would have been carried on this series of P-1s.
Here is a silly question, is it possible it never served for the AF? It had ~21,000 miles on it when we got it and was in awesome condition, as it still is. A lot of the Fire/Rescue trucks off the bases that I see come through DRMO are pretty well used up. Maybe it got used elsewhere?

I was aware that the apparatus body was made by Pierce as it has all of the original tags from Pierce on it. From the very few pictures I've see it looks like it's missing a rack that goes over the apparatus body and holds ladders any maybe other things? Another thing that might not be right is the rear bench seat, any other P10's I've seen just have three seats (I was told they use 3 man crews so no need for more than 3 seats).

Thanks again for trying to find the info for me!

milfireguy

Here is a silly question, is it possible it never served for the AF? It had ~21,000 miles on it when we got it and was in awesome condition, as it still is. A lot of the Fire/Rescue trucks off the bases that I see come through DRMO are pretty well used up. Maybe it got used elsewhere?

I was aware that the apparatus body was made by Pierce as it has all of the original tags from Pierce on it. From the very few pictures I've see it looks like it's missing a rack that goes over the apparatus body and holds ladders any maybe other things? Another thing that might not be right is the rear bench seat, any other P10's I've seen just have three seats (I was told they use 3 man crews so no need for more than 3 seats).

Thanks again for trying to find the info for me!
I guess anything is possible. Some Air Force friends have contacted me with their memories of what equipment was on the P-10.

Gasoline powered smoke ejector, K-12 saw, electric sawzell, A-Frame ladder, stokes basket, backboard, first aid kit, tool box, bolt cutters, port-a-power, rope, portable O2 unit, cutting tourch, crash ax, standard ax pickhead flat, 3 dry chem extinguishers. As more info comes in I will post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks