• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

M715VFD405

Well Mike I saw in like page 10 you wanted M715's in FD dresses so I'll post up my old depts and a few others I have ran across in my web travels. The first 2 pics are my old depts both M715s power plants have been replaced by Chevy 350 engines and converted to 12 volt systems, custom built hard tops and brush guards w/w and 1in redline with folding seat. Can't remember the gpms but the pumps are B&S. Everything else is pretty much stock they have been in service since the early 80's and are still going strong. Plans are to swap axles and upgrade to power breaks but its a small budget dept so it takes time. Most of the M715s I've come across are either still in service or are in various stages of restoration/modification after being bought from FD's around the country.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Capt. Hook

I have an Oshkosh P-4 and need a service manual. Does anyone know where I can find one? This truck is a 1975 model 6x6 type. I called Oshkosh and they want $300 for each one they send me.

tamangel

1961 military firetruck 530b 1/2

1/2
1961 military firetruck 530b 6x6 2 1/2 ton deuce and a half fire truck
auction ended: Mar 26, 201215:07:48 PDT
ebay auction item # 180846113211
final price: $821.00 with 13 bids

Narrative description:
1961 military firetruck 530b 6x6 2 1/2 ton deuce and a half fire truck
Runs and drives. Starts easily. Brakes not working. REO gas motor. Water pump seems complete- don't know if it is working. Cab is solid- no rust. Only rust is below battery box. Bill of sale only. Located in Naples Florida

auction item url ( will die eventually: here for reference only-same info listed above)
http://tiny.cc/oj3sbw

I have no connection with seller/ebay/bidders or buyer. Info here only for reference and research of Military Fire Trucks in same name thread..

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Goodfellow AFB, San Angelo, TX: FIRE TRUCK Static Displays

Goodfellow AFB is home for the Department of Defense Fire Academy.

Along its Troopwalk from the dormatory area to the schoolhouse, various historic and semi-current firefighting vehicles have been preserved and are on display.

SS Member AURON hosted me and our Deuce onto the Base this past Saturday and we gathered pics of all the vehicles and the descriptive bronze plaques....

64 pics uploaded to PhotoBucket here --->
2012 06 02 GAFB Troopwalk Firetruck Static Display pictures by jebariou - Photobucket

Enjoy ! ! !

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure if this is truck is in military use or not, but it is based on the M35, so....

Found on the internet, I believe it is in the Netherlands, no other information.

Cheers
Interesting :grin:

It seems that not much remains of the original sheetmetal, but the mechanicals and substructure seem intact. It sure looks "intentional". I wonder if they were mass produced or if that's a one-of-a-kind build.

Thanks, Rory [thumbzup]

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a Seagrave truck that is displayed in the Motor T museum on Camp Pendleton. I took the pictures in March of this year. The light and my camera do not do this truck justice!

It having Navy markings is intriguing.

Cheers

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rory,
That's awesome! I've always marvelled at the way firefighters take such pride in maintaining their equipment.... It's more than just readiness. It's almost admiration or even "worship" of a polished "idol". Maybe it's just a way to spend their idle time awaiting the sheer panic of the fire alarm sounding.
Thanks for posting those pics.
John

usmc deuce cpl

If you ever make it up the road to North Carolina, stop in. I have 3 military fire trucks, plus military fire extengusers, to include a Pre WWII flight line extenguser.
I spent 16 of my 20 years in Crash fire rescue in the Marines. I am trying to get one of my fire trucks up and restored now for our re-union this fall. Last re-union, I took my WWII Marine FFN crash truck, this year I am taking a M530C, if I can get it finnished in time.
One of the few, Frank
Semper Fi I think an M530c would be fun. Trained on one in Memphis but never got to drive it.

tamangel

1952 Kaiser Fire Truck M34

ended ebay auction
item # 320923931819
auction ended: Jun 21, 201213:32:39 PDT
did not sell: start bid $5500.00, no bids
ebay item link ( will die eventually) a few more pic's not included in this post..
1952 Kaiser 2.5 Ton 6X6 Fire truck Brush Tender 1952 Kaiser 2.5 Ton 6X6 Fire truck Brush Tender | eBay

description from ad:
"1952 Kaiser 2.5Ton 6X6
Good working firetruck
Original condition
Was owned by Redlands Fire Dept in San Bernardino county.
Have most of their maintanence records and have service manual and a parts book
Tank does not leak.
500 gal per min 6 cyl Waltrous deisiel Pump - works Great.
Needs TLC
Motor was rebuilt in 87 with only 1500 miles on it. Healthy motor fires right up.
Have pink and title in hand. Ready to register in your name
PTO Transmission and transfer case all in fine working order.
Brakes work but are low on pressure and need fixing. Windsheild wipers do not work. but are intact"
standard qualifier: no connect w/ebay/seller/any bidders/etc..info and pics placed here for future reference on MV fire trucks only..

Mike W

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks