• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

tamangel

1967 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Fire Rescue 6x6 Brush Truck 1/2

1967 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Fire Rescue 6x6 Brush Truck 1/2

ebay auction item # 360297050072
item location: Orlando, Florida, USA
auction end date/time: Sep 13, 201011:31:10 PDT
start price: $1999.99 USD Sold price: $2601.00 USD 7 bids with 3 bidders
em Location:Orlando, Florida, United States
Item Location:Orlando, Florida, United States
original URL for auction (will die out eventually): 1967 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Fire Rescue 6x6 Brush Truck: eBay Motors (item 360297050072 end time Sep-13-10 11:31:10 PDT)
no connection with seller/auction or truck..info presented only for reference on Military Fire Truck thread..
item description from auction page:
"
This sale is for a 1967 Kaiser Jeep Fire Rescue Brush Truck, as described below:

Interior and exterior conditions of this vehicle are as pictured. There is some residue from the decals that were removed and also some paint peeling from decal removal. Please view all photos for details on the condition of this truck.

Specifications:
  • Make: Kaiser/Jeep Corporation
  • Model: 2 1/2 Ton M35A2, CA-D-54
  • Serial: 4L-6990
  • Stock No: 2320-077-1617
  • Mfr. No: 0225-17972
  • Mfr. Year: 1967
  • Tire Size: 9.00 - 20
  • Mileage: 31,604
  • Hours: 1,197
  • Dimensions: 298"L x 95"W x 98"H

This vehicle has a Poly-Tank IIE foam tank and Elite Sprayer used for controlling underbrush fires. "

edit: tank capacity later advised as 800 gal..

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:

milfireguy

A while back someone asked if the Army had fire fighting trailers that could be pulled by the 530 series of fire trucks. It appears there were, pictured is "Trailer, Fire Fighting: Pumper; Water Extinguishing Agent; 1500 GPM Propeller Pump, Sabre Model TT-5110, Electric Driven, DC, 24 V, 12 HP; 2000 Gal Water Tank, 4 Wheel"

The tailer carried 2000 gals of water and was equipped with a 24 volt electric motor driven 1,500 gpm pump. The water pump discharged water from the trailer into the water tank of the fire truck. They appear to been built in 1959 with 8 manufactured. Info from TM 5-4210-201-12, June 1959.

Attachments

tamangel

a reply on the above trailer from my friend, Jim Davis ( Fire Fighters in Fatigues )

"
The narrative below and the attached picture came to me from a party interested in all sorts of fire fighting apparatus. When WW II ended and I left the military it was my hope that the much cussed and discussed CLASS 1000 Trailer Mounted Fire Fighting Pumper (TMFFP) would also leave the military as they were useless. Other people held the same views of the CLASSES 1010 and 1020.

It would appear on what is below and attached that the Army did not learn their lesson in WW II. I take exception to the thought that this 2000 gallon TMFFP was designed and intended for use any of the CLASS 530 series, 530, 530A, B or C, fire trucks. Why?

1. This pictured trailer probably weighs close to 10 tons or 20,000 pounds.
2. The maximum allowable towed weight for a CLASS 530 (per TM 9-2800, 10/47) was 2 tons or 4000 pounds.
3. The CLASSES 530 A and possibly B were likely built on 2-1/2 ton 6x6 platforms Models 34, 35, 36 and 135 each of which had a maximum allowable towed highway load of 10000 pounds or 5 tons. This info is from TM 9-2800, 2/1953.
4. The smallest truck with an allowable towed load of 10 tons or greater was the 4 ton 6x6. This per TM 9-2800 - 2/53."

info only,
Mike W
Maine

Last edited:

milfireguy

Additional research on the 2000 gallon fire fighting trailer has found the following. The trailer was used in conjunction with the Army Class 1500 Walter crash truck. The trailer pump was activated from the cab of the crash truck as was the electrically controled discharge valve on the trailer. Water was then transferred to the rear intake of the crash truck, filling its tank via a section of hard suction or solf sleve hose. Pictured is the Walter Motor Truck Model MF Class 1500 Crash Truck

Attachments

milfireguy

This image shows another Army fire fighting trailer from around 1960, TRAILER, FIRE FIGHTING, PUMPER, 400 GALLON. Have not been able to find any information at all on this unit. It was equipped with a Hale pump and held 400 gals of water, mounted on a M-107, 1 1/2 ton, two wheel trailer. Image from TM-5 4210-204-20P, April 1963

Attachments

Last edited:

tamangel

M45 A2 duece 6X6 fire pumper 1970 AM General

ebay auction item # 110615656126
auction end: Dec 03, 201017:41:16 PST
results: did not sell, reserve not met @ $955.00 with 8 bids..

item description from ebay auction page:
"M45 A2 duece 6X6 fire pumper 1970 AM General
Was in service this year! inline 6 cylinder turbo diesel whistler as you see in photos the light bar was removed and the wiring remains. it has several pneumatic components includes wipers and certain pump parts, the truck when switching from military to state duty was repainted body has a few dings an arc to back grab bar small dent in back step and the drivers side rear tool bin as seen in photos is rusted through in the bottom and that appears to be the only sign of major rust,there is a small crack in the passenger door glass,fuel gauge doesn't work, the tires are non military type road tires I have driven this truck for distances of up to 200 miles one way the steering is nice and aligned the engine runs great the brakes seem to work ok it did not overheat, it was fairly comfortable however if I was driving it across county I would have an MP3 player and head phones, it has a nevada title the small hose reels were removed however if the truck hits 4000 I will throw in a set that I have however only 1 of those has a hose the truck cruises at 60 on flat ground 45-50 on hills and if steep it will go as slow as 40 the 6 wheel drive works , This truck was fighting mountain fires in 2010 . on mountain roads in tight spaces this truck could use some power steering. I tried to list all the trucks good and bad sides . also the truck only has 55 air conditioning .... thats the front windshields cranked open and driving 55. the mileage is slightly over 30,000... "

ebay auction page link: will eventually die, maybe additional info on rig not listed above on auction page at this link:
M45 A2 duece 6X6 fire pumper 1970 AM General - eBay (item 110615656126 end time Dec-03-10 17:41:16 PST)

Note: no connection with seller/ebay/auction or any bidders, info only for this Military Fire Truck thread for reference purposes..

Mike

relisted on ebay with auction ending 20 Dec 2010.. 3 bids, last/wining $2000.00 start/listing price was $1800.00

Attachments

Last edited:

tamangel

1943 Chevrolet 4x4, WW2 Military Firetruck. G506 1/2

ebay auction item #320627834695
auction ended: Dec 14, 201008:28:18 PST
item did not sell, last bid of 4 : $9900.00 reserve not met
other price listed: $29,500.00
ebay auction URL (will die eventually)
CHEVY/ 4X4 NICEST ALL ORIGINAL WW2 TRUCK EXISTING! - eBay (item 320627834695 end time Dec-14-10 08:28:18 PST)

item narrative supplied by seller:
"...1943 Chevrolet 4x4, WW2 Military Firetruck. G506

Beautiful untouched original condition with less than 3,000 original miles!! Still has original canvas seat covers!

Fully intact,with firefighting accessories, water tank,hoses, pump, ladder, siren and lights, all working!

Runs and drives like a new truck, needs nothing! This is the finest example of an untouched WW2 truck in existence!

UNUSUAL AND RARE , this vehicle is for the serious collector, or a museum...."

Note: no connection with seller/ebay/auction or any bidders, info only for this Steel Soldiers Military Fire Truck thread for reference purposes..

Mike

Attachments

tamangel

1943 Chevrolet 4x4, WW2 Military Firetruck. G506 2/2

my friend, Jim Davis ( http://www.firefighters.mil-fire.net/ ) commented on this vehicle:

"Recently some of you sent a link to a CLASS 325 4x4 FT for sale on eBay. It is a beautiful truck, but does have a number of errors that prevent it from being a true survivor of the genre.

1. It is red, something that did not occur overseas until close to the end of hostilities in Europe and then only in areas far removed from hostilities.
2. No WW II overseas fire truck carried gasoline, oil or water in Jerry cans in or attached to the truck.
3. A number of nozzles and fittings are missing from the rear step as are a number of items on the right side of the truck.-
4. The “Hose – Suction - Hard – 3 inch” would according to the 325 Equipment List be 2 only. The 3 on the truck under discussion may be smaller and not as hard as I knew on my 5 325s"

and

"Believe the truck was built by Maxim based on:
1. The ladders on the left side of the fire truck body.
2. The triangular plate on the pump that holds the pump gauges.
3. The placement of spotlights on the platform’s cab."

thanks Jim, Mike

Attachments

Last edited:

pwrwagonfire

As you guys may know I work for our state's forestry and fire control division. Just got this truck turned back into us for excess property...started its life at Lake Pleasant fire department (a village of about 150 people) until the department disbanded in the 80's...then went to Wendell Fire, which is a town of about 4-500 people until this year...
Still drives good, everything works I believe, don't know where its going to be going yet; perhaps to another town as a muster truck.

1963 international, not sure if it was army or air force. 750 GPM pump, 300 gallon tank. Last picture is of me after parking it...was a fun truck to drive!

Attachments

tamangel

1963 international, not sure if it was army or air force.
PWFIRE, might check all the posts in this thread..several IH trucks shown in mil garb..

also there's a book out there re: Navy/marine fire rigs.. might have some earlier IH's
http://www.amazon.com/Navy-Marine-C...0313/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292625998&sr=8-2

You ever see any old Jeep fire trucks in your travels? Im always looking for pictures of them.
check here:
Historical Fire Engines Europe
type in Willys and Jeep on separate searches..

Fire Jeeps on The CJ3B Page

also a few here and there (mostly M715's) within this thread..

Mike

Last edited:

pwrwagonfire

Attachments

tamangel

:aua:

original info in post #288 re: this truck..

good to see you aren't trying to take advantage of anyone...

:rant:

Mike

Last edited:

tamangel

1989 US ARMY AMERTEK 2500L ARFF Fire Truck 4x4 Diesel

1989 US ARMY AMERTEK 2500L ARFF Fire Truck 4x4 Diesel
ebay auction item # 270686550402
auction ended: Jan 07, 201104:42:16 PST
sold for: $22,500.00 USD
unknown # of bids..
URL (will disappear eventually): 1989 US ARMY AMERTEK 2500L ARFF Fire Truck 4x4 Diesel - eBay (item 270686550402 end time Jan-07-11 04:42:16 PST)

Item description from auction page:
"This is a 1989 Amertek 2500L US ARMY ARFF fire truck. These trucks have been utilized all over the world in peace and war time. There are a few in service in Iraq right now. This unit was just removed from service in June of 2010. I have worked on these trucks for a long time and if you do a search on Google for the 2500L you will see the entire history of these even the stuff the uninformed people say which is mostly propaganda because they do not understand these trucks. I will try to list all the details about this truck down the list. Specs first.

Amertek 2500L 5350.8 Miles(subject to test drive changes)

6V92TI Diesel engine 350HP 930.0 Hours(subject to test drive changes)

HT750 Allison Automatic

Lombardini 7HP APU

Godiva 1000GPM live pump

Fecon Around the pump foam system dual station valves

Fecon front turrets Upper 500gpm @250psi & Lower 250gpm @ 250psi both controlled from cab

Air Locking Differentials in front and rear axles

Air Shift on the fly 4WD

Pneumatic Control switches for structure fire and ARFF systems

5KW engine driven generator with dual station controls

Webasto Hot water heating system for structure panel and tank heat exchanger for winter use with the APU(specs say -60 temp rating)

300amp 12v charging system with 4 gp31 batteries(with use of 100amp APU charging system)

72 gallon foam tank

660 gallon water tank

60 gallon fuel tank(Vehicle comes full of fuel)

Rear booster reel(100' 1" hose and Akron nozle included)

2 1/2" hose in the bed currently is untested but looks good and is included(450' I think)

All lights are tested and working as they should including Emergency Lighting(Whelen on rear Code 3 on cab)

This truck has just been serviced and is ready to go to work. I have videos of it pumping water using both turrets. This truck runs great and is driven around town on a regular basis and now that it is cold it has been winterized so if you are interested in seeing it run and pump I will need a commitment before I will put water in the tank or hoses.

There are some minor scratches and a small dent in the right front step and a bend in the bin door where the APU is located but that is it. All functions of this truck work including the 5kw generator

There are still a few minor things needed on this truck but none of them effect operation.

PSI gauge in cab is bad(needs replacing)

Power switch for Webasto Heater has a gremlin(needs replacing)

Main pump gauges are slow(lack of use)

Minor dents & scratches as seen in pictures and stated above.

APU to Alternator coupling needs replacing(missing)

***I will be repairing these things as well as time goes on and the equipment price will reflect this***

Here are a few videos of the truck pumping and a walk around while running.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkEa0EBNOg8[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvmCUmCpWwM[/media]

No connection with auction/seller/ebay.. Info only put here for reference re: Military Fire Trucks thread..

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks